Until The End Part 2

We set out toward Woodbury with Rick and Michonne behind Daryl and I. We were about halfway there when we came around a curve too the Governor's army trucks in the middle of the road. Sliding off the back of the motorcycle, I slowly make my way towards it.

Bodies litter the road and field, the sound of chewing not coming from our feet. A slicing noise from Michonne has me take out my knife. Daryl shoots the one closest to us as Michonne gets the furthest, then the two by the end of the truck. Daryl holds me by the door, allowing Rick to get the last flesh-eater in the jeep.

We take a moment to look around, calming ourselves. Short-lived when a thud sounds out. Daryl jumps, behind him against the window, was a girl scared for dear life. As she steps out, I can see she's probably mid-twenties to earlier thirties and has long curly black hair.

"So, he just murdered all his men?" I question in a low voice.

"He would need them if he was planning to fight. Why get rid of em?" Daryl states. Leaning on front of the truck, I shift my head to watch this girl. She's just sitting there on the road, fear in her eyes.

"He's not fighting. He's running, like the coward he is." Michonne turns around, examing all the dead. "He got rid of all his dead weight."

"Should we even go to Woodbury then?" I come off the hood. As I look to Rick, my body freezes at the feeling of something sliding in my back pocket.

"We don't know how many more citizens he has waiting for us back there." In my head, Rick trail of because the only thing I can think of is Daryls' hand in my back pocket. We were standing so close that Rick and Michonne didn't notice. Or they didn't want to make me feel uncomfortable and choose not to mention it.

"It could be an ambush?" I say, regaining myself.

"No harm in continuing just to make sure," Rick says. "Hey, you're coming with us. Leverage." Rick shrugs. Daryl goes to follow Rick to get back to the vehicles, but I grab his hand.

"What the hell was that?" I yell in a hushed tone.

"My hand was cold." He smirks.

"So you-" A beep cuts me off. Rolling my eyes, I realize this will have to be left alone. We ride the rest of the way until nightfall when we get close enough we leave our vehicles and go on foot. I'm surprised the lady didn't give our position away.

"Are we almost there?" I whisper aggravated to Rick, who pauses by a tree.

"Just a few hundred more feet. Why?"

"Nothing just surprised twinkle toes over here hasn't given our position away to anybody." She gives me a hard eye, which I return. Making our way through the rest of the trees, we break into a clearing of cars like last time. Scanning there doesn't look to be anyone left here. There's no one guarding the walls, no lights inside. 

A birdbath bursting beside us notes that someone is still here. Shooting the Rifle, that was given earlier, in the direction of the buildings. We all shoot high while taking cover. Michonne and I together, behind the front of the car, Rick and Daryl in the back. When fire pauses twinkle toes stands up.

"Tyreese! It's me. Stop-" Before was all shush her.

"Karen?" A deep voice yells from the other side of the wall. "Karen, are you okay?" I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine." She shouts, jumping away from Rick.

"Where's the Governor?" She walks toward the voice.

"If you haven't noticed, that's what we're trying to find out!" I yell, getting a mix of laughs and shushes.

"He fired on everyone. Killed them all." She goes into detail. I shift to the left a little bit, trying to get a piece of metal out of my back.