Uncertainty

They found a hotel in Sioux City Iowa, one of the least rundown and overgrown in the city, and they all settled in for the night. They each took a room, saying simple and quiet goodbyes before closing their doors. Eve sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the light sitting on the table, her mind all over the place.

Adam walked up to her and she froze, glancing at him. She could tell by the look on his face that he was not happy and neither was she.

"You can be mad at me all you want, but I'm not just going to watch as you hand yourself in to Cerus." He told her, his tone firm and unwavering.

Eve looked down at her hands, her fingers shaking slightly. She was terrified to tell the truth. The idea did not sound good to her either, but, what other choice did they have?

She knew he was right. She had known from the beginning that Adam was not going to stand by as she walked into Cerus' grasp once more. How could he? The whole reason he was asking for David's help was to keep that very thing from happening. Which left her with the heavy burden.......of making the right choice yet again.

Adam knelt in front of her, grabbing her hands. His expression had softened as he looked up at her.

"Eve please, I'm begging you not to do this. I can't..........lose you." He said, his voice breaking at the end.

Eve felt her chest tighten. She stared down at him, trying to hold back tears. It was so hard to look him in the eyes and lie to him......but she had no other choice.

"You aren't going to lose me, Adam." She whispered, guilt swallowing her as she said it.

Adam leaned down and kissed her hand.

"We'll find a way. I promise." He said, looking hopeful.

It was too much.

Trying to do anything and everything to take her mind of it, Eve grabbed his face in her hands and kissed him. He seemed caught off guard, but started kissing her back a moment later. Standing, he pushed her back onto the bed, reaching for the edge of her shirt. She did as well, both of them frantically grabbing at each others clothes as their kiss grew heated and passionate. Adam's tongue slipped into her mouth, mingling with hers and making him groan. Before Eve could register what was happening, she was already naked on the bed. Adam wasn't far behind, sliding the last of his clothes off before climbing on top of her.

Adam pulled her legs apart in one swift motion, lower himself down onto her. Sliding his arm around her waist, he pulled her against him, then he leaned down and kissed her again. After a moment of kissing her breathless, Eve felt Adam slide into her, their bodies connecting passionately. It was beginning to feel familiar, the skin to skin contact, the kissing, the passion.........it was so overwhelming still just as it had been the first time they had been together. If anything, it only grew with time as their feelings for each other strengthened.

Their pleasure grew, their chests heaving and Adam's movements quickening as they began to slip over the edge. They fell into ecstasy together, pleasure enveloping them. Eve moaned his name and he groaned in her ear, his hands gripping her waist as he pulled her hips flush against his. After, Eve could tell by the fact that Adam didn't pull away that he wasn't done with her and it made her shiver. It was as if his appetite grew with each encounter and one was not enough to satiate him.

Eve was willing to give him whatever he wanted so long as he held her in his arms.

Adam quickly continued, only allowing her a few brief moments before resuming his rhythmic movements. Eve couldn't help but cry out. She reached her climax several more times before Adam finally relented and curled up next to her in bed. She felt content, laying in his embrace as they were both silent. Adam stroked the skin on her arm with the back of his fingers soothingly, his touch making her shiver. Eventually, Eve drifted off into a dreamless sleep.