8. Well this is awkward

After we finished breakfast and I went straight up to Horace. He was holding a book and was wearing his usual over the top attire. "Horace! Horace, can I talk to you for a bit."

"Sure, I'd talk with anyone who truly appreciates fashion! What can I do for you, darling?"

Can we just take a second to appreciate how much of a gentleman Horace is? He's been calling me darling ever since I showed him my Vogue magazines. At this point he'll do anything for me.

"I want you to show me your dream from last night. I want to know it was."

Horace gave me a look of 'sorry no-can-do' and said,"I would anything for you, darling, but Ms. P said I can't show it to anyone."

"Please, Horace, I have to know!" I begged and got down on my knees.

"Alright fine, but only because I want you to stop begging on the grass. I don't want you to get green spots on your jeans and ruin them."

I go upstairs and lead Horace to my room as Enoch comes out of his. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing,"I say as I shut my door. He stops it from closing with his foot and walks in. "Nice room you got here," he says looking around. He notices Horace's monocle in his hand and smirks.

'Oh no. Were busted,' I thought.

"I won't tell the bird if you tell me whats going on," Enoch crosses his arms.

Horace looks at me. 'Can we trust him?'

I nod in affirmation. Horace speaks up,"We are looking at my dream from last night. Y/n want to know who kissed."

Enoch make an expression like 'oooh I wanna know' and raised his eyebrows. He closed the door and sat down on my bed. I sat next to him. Horace closed the curtains and looked at us two. He cleared his throat and waved his hands so we would spread apart. He looked at us both before he started playing his dreams. He looked as if he new something.

Horace put the monocle up to his eye and stared at the blank spot on my wall. The dream started the same as it always does, Horace trying on clothes. Enoch and I groan at the same time. Horace is unfazed and continues playing the dream.

The dream switched to the last thing that was played last night, two lips pressed together. It slowly zoomed out and Enoch and I leaned forwards. Just as we were about to find out who it was. Suddenly it stopped and the wall went back to it's original wall color.

"What the fuck, Horace?" I exclaimed.

"I can't show it to you, Y/n. I'm sorry." Horace looks down thinking he disappointed me. He never calls my by my name. I knew that something was definitely up. I glance at Enoch before I look Horace dead in the eyes. A thought popped into my head.

"Ms. Peregrines said you can't show anyone your dream but she didn't say you couldn't tell anyone." Enoch starts to smirk and I smirk back.

"I-I er-...um its...maybe it's best if you-"

"Horace for the love of God just spit it out," Enoch interrupted.

Horace stood up and yelled. This is very out of character for him. The last time I heard him tell it was when Millard accidentally shoved him and he ripped a tiny bit of his jacket.

"I'll tell you what happens after you two do it!" Horace immediately covered his mouth and ran out of my room.

Enoch looked at me and got up from my bed. He walked out of my door and straight into his own. I was alone and more confused than ever.