24. KO (now say that in your best mortal combat voice)

Y/n pov

I flew outside to Mort and slammed him into the ground. I kept punching him in the face but it doesn't affect him at all. With every punch he laughed. I grabbed him by the collar and flew high into the sky.

 "Do you really think I you can fight me?" He said with a smile. I was enraged. I flew him head first in to the ground thinking that would finish him off. He got back up and dusted himself off. I floated in front of him, " why did you come here? Why do you want to fight me?"

 "I don't want you to fight me. I want to be set free and I want to unlock your true power to do so."

 "But I don't have a true power! Your just gonna have to kill me or something!"

 "I could've done that a while ago just so you know."

 "Then why didn't you?"

 "Because look at you. Your a glow stick."

 I looked down at myself. I was glowing bright y/f/c.

 "Y/n?!" Enoch said from behind me. I didn't look at him. I just focused on Mort.

 "Enoch, go away. You have to go!"

 "I'm not leaving you again! I'm not gonna loose you again!"

 I can't watch him get hurt. I held my hand out and he flew back into the home. I charged at Mort and flew him into the woods making sure he got every tree. He stopped laughing and started to get really beaten up. I kept flying as I rammed him to the ground leaving a long dirt path behind. I flew back up into the sky and rammed Mort back down by th house. I looked behind my for a split second to see Enoch standing in front of the bird with her crossbow. Mort smacked my in the face and I went flying back.

 "Y/n!" Enoch screamed but Ms. Peregrine held him back. I got up and stumbled I picked up a piece of shattered glass behind me and his it behind my back. I flew over and landed about 10 yards in front of Mort.

 "You win, Mort. I'm gonna loose anyway."

 "I'm glad you think so." He wiped the blood and dirt from his face.

 "Who said I was thinking?" I used my telekinesis and grabbed him and held him on the ground. I flew high up into the air and rushed back down again, stabbing him in the heart. Blood splurged from his wound fresh wound as he said his final words to me.

 "Y/n, I'm glad it was you who killed me forever. I really valued our short friendship. I'm also glad I won't be the only one dying today."

 "What-"

Enoch pov

Suddenly there was a big explosion the same color as y/n when she was glowing. Mort exploded from existence as I saw y/n fly backwards and land somewhere in the garden. "Y/n! I screamed. I ran over to find her. She was laying on the ground bruised and bloody. I keeled next to her," y/n, y/n wake up. Y/n please wake up. Please." I rested my head on her chest. Her heart wasn't beating. I looked up, "no, no, no, no, no, no, y/n. You can't die. You're not dead. You can't be. You can't be! Please wake up! Y/n, please!"

Tears fell uncontrollably from my eyes. I cried on her chest until Olive and Millard ran over to me. "She's gone," I told them. Olive covered her mouth and Millard dropped to his knees. Olive picked Millard up and I carried y/n in my arms. When we got back to the house I laid her in the empty room in the attic.

I went back down stairs to get Claire. "Where's y/n?" She asked. I picked her up and I hugged her. I carried her upstairs, "here she is, princess." Claire cried into my shoulder and tears ran down my face.

That was a week ago. Y/n has been living in the attic for a week. Lilly came back for a short time to visit. The bird started wearing all black. The house was quiet. The kind of quiet I wish it was all the time, but now that the quiet is here I don't want it anymore. I just want y/n to come back to me. I want to wake up from this bad dream. Everyday I spend hours in her room waiting for her to wake up. Sometimes I would talk to her but most of the time I would just sit there staring at her beautiful face.

I can't focus on my homunculus on my desk. I smash the clay and get up from my seat. I walk over to my door and open it. I walk through the hall and open the door to the attic. I look behind me before I close it, making sure no one was following me. I walk up the creaky steps as quietly as possible. When I reach the top, I walk straight over to the window, the window she sat just outside of all the time. I turn around and grab the chair beside me. I carry it over to a white bed with a thin white curtain over it cover y/n.

I don't know why but I started talking to her again, "um, hello y/n. Your mother came to visit a couple days ago. She really misses you, actually we all do. The bird has been wearing all black recently. The house has been quiet. Way too quiet. But we finally fixed all the smashed windows, so I guess that's good news. Don't tell anyone, but I have been sneaking out to buy more tequila. Most of it is under your bed cuz it's the only place the bird won't look."

 I reach down and grab a bottle. I open the top and take a huge swig, "I drink it mostly cuz it reminds me of you. I baked some cookies with Claire and I made my own batch with some of this in it." I shook the bottle and took another swig. Half the bottle is gone. "Yeah, I know it's bad but so what? I'm happier now!"

 I'm not happy. I'm depressed. It's all my fault. The tequila that night is all my fault. It's my fault she summoned Mort and it's my fault she died, twice, even though the first time was fake.

I throw the bottle at the wall. It shatters into a million pieces. I grab more and through them at the walls. 'Shit,' I thought, 'now I gotta get more.'

I start to walk down the stairs until I hear my name, "Enoch."

I turn around startled. Everything was the same as I left it, but y/n's hand was extended over the blanket. I walk towards the bed slowly and carefully. I sit back down in the chair. I grab her hand, it wasn't freezing cold.

Her hand was lukewarm. I let go of her hand and stood up, knocking the chair over. I moved away the thin white curtain over her, "y/n?" I whispered cautiously. I put my hand over her chest. Her heart wasn't beating.

 "I love you," I said before I leaned over and kissed her. I felt Like something would happen if I did that. Like in the movie she used to tell me about, sleeping beauty. I disappointingly turned around and walked down the stairs.

"Enoch?" I heard one last time. I ran up the stairs again. Y/n's arm was moving very slowly. I waited at the top of the stairs.

"Enoch?" I heard again as she started to sit up slowly, her eyes were still closed. "Enoch."

 I didn't say anything, I was in too much shock. She opened her beautiful y/e/c. The eyes I missed so much. She moved the curtain away from her face. "Enoch why are you staring at me like that?" she asked with a chuckle. I missed her wonderful laugh. "Are you okay? Am I okay?" she asked again. I didn't say anything. I ran up to her and hugged her so tightly. I was just happy that she was in my arms again. I started crying, I can't believe she's back.

I let go of her just a bit, "y/n, you died. Your heart stopped beating for a week. Mort is gone. You killed him for good. And there was an explosion and we lost you. I lost you."

She hugged me and I hugged her back. When she let go she grabbed my face and kissed me. She started floating us on to the ceiling so we were up side down again. "I'm glad I'm alive again. Now I can dance with you on the ceiling and remember it." 

We waltzed until the sun went down and never once too our eyes off each other.