16. Are you kidding me?

When I walked out of Ms. Peregrines office, I plastered a fake smile on my face. "Is everything alright?"

 " Yeah, " I replied. I'm not ready to tell him. I'm not going to tell him. No one can know. Not even Horace and Horace is my best friend. Millard will never know. Telling Olive would be too risky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~mega time skip

It's been six months and still no one knows other than the bird. It's so hard to wear a mask and say that everything is okay when you know its not. I can't keep up the act anymore. I have to tell them, starting with Enoch.

I feel bad a bout having to break the news to Claire, Fiona, and Bronwyn. They were the most excited. I'm scared that everyone is going to hate me if I have this baby and then she just vanishes or that I'll lose her before she is born. It might be too late to loose her now but I'm still not sure.

I stand up from where I was sitting on my bed. I put Olive's mother's diary onto my nightstand and walk to my door. I'm a little hesitant to walk out and tell everyone the news. I clutch the door knob and turn it. I could've used my peculiarity but I just got it back and I don't want to risk losing it again.

I walk slowly down the hallway because of how nervous I am. I ignore all of the preparations for my baby shower and find myself at Enoch's door. I take a quick deep breath and walk in (I don't have to knock anymore). He's sitting at his desk putting one of his dolls together. He's so focused he doesn't even notice that I'm leaning over him.

I recently learned I can share thoughts using other people's voices so I decided to creep Enoch out a little.

I thought on the voice of a little girl in an echoey room,'Enoch,' I thought almost musically,'Enoch.'

He looked up and around the room,"Millard get out of my room."

I went a little further with the prank,'Enoch, I'm not Millard...' His eyes widened,' but I am right behind you.'

I grabbed his shoulders and he screamed in Scottish and fell out of his chair, "Never do that to me ever again!"

 'Uh oh. He's really mad,' I thought as I cackled.

He got up and brushed himself off and sat back down in his chair. 

"Ok ok, I'm sorry but that was really good." 

He grunted in response.

I kissed the top of his head and immediately started coughing, "ew! When was the last time you showered?"

 "Um...maybe like...um...12 years ago?"

 I blink at him. He blinks back. I blurted out the worst thing possible, "The baby is not gonna survive then time loop." I covered my mouth.

 "I know. That's how time loops work. I was outside the door when the bird told you that."

 " So you knew this whole time?"

 "Yeah. And I knew you wouldn't want to tell anyone so I told everyone for you."

 " Oh my god. I wasted 6 months feeling guilty about not being able to have a baby! What is wrong with me? "

 "Everything," he responds.

I give him a death glare. He stands up and kissed my forehead. "Everything and nothing."

 " Nice save. "

 "Thanks."

A/n: I'm gonna use a different persons perspective other than Y/n and Enoch's. Thought it would make this story more interesting😊

Horace pov:

I was in the garden reading a book on my normal spot under the big tree. I got to a rather boring part in my book and suddenly dosed off. The dream started off as rather normal. Myself trying on a suit. But the suit was different.

It was a suit from one of y/n's  Vogue magazines. Then I saw y/n's face but she looked like she was in pain and was sobbing. Then to a pair of bloody gloves on a glass nightstand. And then to a woman. A woman all of us had seen before. But she was much older looking than we remember.

And she looks identical to y/n. Could Lilly, my Lilly, be y/n's-

I woke up with A jump and someone in my face. I rubbed my eyes.

"Hey, Horace, you gotta wake up! It's dinner time and I am super hungry! Plus I'm eating for two. "

"Lilly?" I whispered as I was grabbed by my arm.

"What? I didn't hear you." It wasn't Lilly, it was y/n.

"Sorry darling! I didn't say anything. What's for dinner?"

She doesn't answer me she just keeps walking like she didn't hear me. When we walk inside we head straight to the dining room. I sit next to Victor and she and Enoch sit across from us. Y/n Is smiling a little too brightly because she knows our plan. I am extremely nervous and so is Victor.

I stand up kind of jittery, "um, so Victor and I want to make an announcement. We're dating. And we've been dating for like 4 years now."

" Yes, yes, we already knew that. It is hilariously obvious, " the bird chuckles, "sit down and eat your food, y/n is starving. She's eating for not just herself."

"Oh." I sit back down and looked at Victor.  He just shrugged. We all start eating.

'That was kind of a waste,' I thought.

Y/n pov:

After dinner we got ready for movie time. Horace kept looking at me before we started the movie. I looked at him questionably and he shook off what ever he was doing. Enoch sat next to me and Victor sat on the other side of me. I laid back on Enoch and rested my legs over Victors lap. He didn't mind and sometimes he'll lift up my belly for me when it feels too heavy. Horace sat in his chair and put his monocle up to his eye and the movie started playing.

We all groaned a bit when we saw Horace trying on clothes until I noticed something, "those are the clothes from my magazine!"

Everyone started paying closer attention to Horace's projection. It switched to me in lots of pain and sobbing. Then to a pair of bloody gloves on a nightstand. And then to a girl who looked just like me. The children started whispering. Horace shed a tear. I looked closer as it zoomed in on the girls face, "Mom?"

All the heads turned to me. The bird turned on the lights, "Children, get ready for the reset then off to bed."

Horace wiped his single tear and walks off.