28. The wedding

Y/n pov

I woke up stressed. I ate breakfast stressed. I want to die.

I have to marry Enoch. Uh-oh not ag-

I threw up over the edge of the roof again and it landed in the same bush, again. I'm starting to feel really bad for that bush. Sometimes I feel just like that bush, I've been covered with so much stuff that I'm gonna die soon. Yep, just like that bush. I made my way from the roof back to my room so Horace, Emma, and Olive can make me into a true bride.

The ceremony is in one hour and that is about how long it will take to get me into this dress. I have no idea where my dad is or what the boys are doing. No one can find Enoch, even though I told them 2000 times he's in the basement with Claire, and I think I'm gonna lose my head.

I just want some ice cream, honestly.

Horace zipped up the last part of my dress, "aw, darling! If I wasn't gay I would marry you right now!" His smiled drooped slightly, "also if I wasn't with Victor. I forget about him sometimes. Don't tell him I said that."

I just chuckled. Emma and Olive had to go and get some more things finished before they became my bridesmaids. I swear Horace is about to cry just looking at me. I quickly shoo him out of the room and walk over to the mirror. I tilt my head to the side and put my hands on my hips.

I knew this was gonna happen at some point but now that's it's here it doesn't feel right. I can't do this. My mom isn't here, I'm a child, he's 118, we're in a home for children! This isn't a wedding, this is crazy! I walk over to my bed and put my head in my hands. I would lay down but I would ruin my dress. Suddenly someone runs into my room with their eyes covered.

"Hi," he says slightly out of breath.

"Hi," I say with my head still in my hand.

"Don't open your eyes. We can't see each other yet."

I don't say anything. Enoch continues, "I wanted to talk to you. I heard your thoughts again."

I freeze. I couldn't be anymore dead silent than I already am.

"I'm nervous too. I'm scared. But I love you. So remember that." Enoch walks out of the room. 

"I love you too," I say as he closes the door.

About ten minutes later Olive walks into the room, "y/n? Its time!"

I stand up and smooth out my dress. I pick up my dress and walk down stairs and out the front door. I'm surprised that no one is there to say "wow" as they usually do. I walk out of the garden and down the steps to the beach to meet Millard.

He's wearing his usual brown hat and he's facing the ocean when I tap on his shoulder. He turns around and gasps and covers his mouth, I think. Look, not everyone has an invisible dad, okay?

I smile shyly, "hi, dad!"

He pulls me into his arms, "you look so beautiful, y/n. I wish Lilly was here to see you. Remind me to take a picture of you to send to your mother."

I chuckled and he held out his arm. I gladly took it and we both started walking towards where everyone was sitting. As we were walking the memories flash through my head. Having the dance party, finding out I was pregnant, the battle with Mort. I still can't believe I met Enoch two years ago. Two years ago when I barged into his room, smashed a jar on the ground, and took a bite of a sheep heart.

I look down and chuckle to myself and Millard turns his head, "whatcha thinking about? The day you first came here?"

I nod my head. He nods back. We stop walking at the corner before I have to walk down the aisle. I take a deep breath and Millard kissed my forehead and smiles, sort of. Emma put a little of my makeup on him so I could see him smile. Note to self: Millard looks good in red lipstick.