29. Happy ending, I think

A/n: listen to this song at the ending!

Enoch pov

I sort of carried her all the way to the garden. She floated most of the time. Not because I'm weak, I'm not, it was just a long walk from the beach. When we got to the garden Lilly was there waiting for us with Millard.

Y/n jumped out of my arms and ran to her mother. No one thought she would make it. Ms. Peregrine didn't even know she would show up. The whole thing was planned by Millard and Lilly. Y/n was so happy to see her mom. Everyone else was excited to Lilly too.

When she saw me she kissed me on my forehead like my mom used to when I was little. I wish my parents were here to see me like this. They would be so proud of me. I miss them a lot but no one here ever talks about their parents. I guess we're so used to being raised by the bird that we forgot.

"Enoch, I'm gonna hug you. Even though you don't like hugs." Lilly hugged me way too tightly but I tried to ignore it. It's not that I don't like hugs, I'm just not used to them.

Y/n grabbed the knife and pointed it towards me, "Enoch, cut the cake!"

"Don't point the knife at me. That's psycho."

 "Remember what happened last time you called me that?"

 "Oh yeah! How could I forget? You ate my sheep heart."

I walked over and held the knife. Y/n put her hand on top of mine and I slowly cut the cake. I grabbed a piece for myself and I started walking towards the house.

 "Enoch, where are you going?" Emma asked.

 I look up and turn around, "sorry, I'm used to grabbing my food and going into the basement."

 I walk back and sit at one of the small tables outside next to y/n. "How's your cake?"

 "Not bad. Olive made it."

 "Really?" I take a bite of my cake. 'Holy shit this is really good,' I think.

 'Yeah, I know,' y/n thinks back.

I stand up and point at Olive, "make more cake." I sit back down again and everyone is confused. Y/n explains what I meant while I devour my slice, "he really likes your cake, Olive!"

 She blushes, "aw! Thanks you guys!"

 After we finish the cake y/n waltzed with me and wouldn't stop giggling. After she danced with me she did the cotton eye joe, whatever that is, with Millard and her mom. There was a lot of dancing involved. I sat out for most of it.

I checked my watch, it was almost 7pm. I got up from my chair and walked into the dance floor where y/n was dancing.

 "Hey! Are you gonna dance with me?"

 "Nope," I say as I pick her up bridal style and carry her into the house.

 "Where are you taking me? Put me down!"

 "No." I continue walking until I reach the attic door, "can you open it?"

 She used her mind to open the door and close it behind me when I walk through. I put her down by the window. "Why are we in the attic?"

 "We danced everywhere. Everywhere but the roof."

 "Oh yeah. I guess we didn't." She climbs out the window and onto the shingles. I follow her out onto the roof. I take her hand and start waltzing again. She giggles as I spin her around in circles.

 Y/n pov

Enoch carried me to the roof just to dance with me. I swear I'm so giddy on this roof. So many things happened right here. I grab Enoch's face and kiss him one last time. I rest my forehead on his.

 "I love you."

 "I love you, too."

~~~~~~~ The End <3~~~~~~