Chapter 13 - Lily fields - L

With ten penalty shots between two sides, Bakugo Katsuki was the winner. He didn't smile or thank the people that clapped, he only sighed to himself in relief as the gentle breeze brushed under his arms.

On Thursday...
Bakugo went through the lessons without much happening, his focus being about lunch time which it now was. He sat next to Mina and replied to her small talk as others entered the room. She poked at his shoulder multiple times, nearly earning a scold from him until he realised why she was poking. Mic had returned and this time he brought his friend, their homeroom teacher Aizawa. Surely, students would wonder how the grumpy teacher was persuaded into joining their lunchtime fiasco.

"I wonder who you'll get this round, Blasty."

"Doesn't matter who it is, I will win."

Mina clapped with a grin, "that's the spirit!"

Bakugo's name was called out along with Monoma. It had to be him out of all the people, Bakugo rolled his eyes. The annoying student from the other class affected him enough in challenges, and now with Fifa he couldn't let it happen. All it takes is one goal and the whole system and momentum of the game changes. As Bakugo sat down, Monoma outstretched his hand with a sharp smile.

"Good luck to you, Bakugo."

Bakugo grimaced, "I don't need any luck."

"Whatever you think." Monoma retreated his hanging hand and gleefully chose Manchester City as his time, arguably the best one in the top English division of teams.

Due to yesterday, Bakugo checked the buttons carefully as he selected his team and pressed "ready" once satisfied with the quality of the electronic device. Both students had shown talent in their gaming mechanisms, this match would be entertaining and a regret to miss especially with the large crowd of people behind that cheered them on. Monoma intercepted the cross and began to pass between players as he made his way back to the opponent's half of the pitch. Bakugo pressed onto the sprint button as he charged his midfielders towards Monoma's players for a chance to tackle. The background noise wasn't processed until a familiar voice spoke above the others.

"Bakugo you better be leaving Midoriya alone."

Uraraka's voice. When did she get here? Bakugo hovered his thumb over the pause button. "Shut up, Round face."

The boy stood on an artifical green pitch. Looking down, a blue football kit he wore that fit perfect to his size. A warm breeze brushed his hair back. "Where the..." He muffled as walked on the pitch with studded boots. The stupid sun was in his view so he squinted and began to ran. A ball appeared in front of him, kicking it while he ran.

His head turned around, "where am I?"

Getting closer to the goal, defenders in a red kit blocked his path. Matching the kit, a red boot stepped on Bakugo's and kicked the ball away. With a glare, Bakugo went to shove the person but froze in the movement. Black spiked hair looked down at him, chuckling and crossing his arms. The villain that kidnapped him was there and Bakugo didn't move.

"We meet again."

Bakugo took a step back and tried to run but his body wasn't listening, making him move towards the team and follow the ball. Other villains were there and he tried to restrain himself but couldn't, nearing them. Closer and closer. His body lunged at one of them and he closed his eyes for the fall that didn't happen. His eyes opened and he was running past them, the ball attached. His eyelids almost disappeared in surprise as his arms moved back and forth in an angle. Two metal poles stood from the ground with chalk colouring it. The breeze contributed to the pace, giving Bakugo a gentle push on the back. No one was there to defend so he lifted his foot to score the goal.

She caught the ball and growled at her son.

"Mum?!" He yelled as she ran towards him.

"What did I tell you about playing around?"

"Dad!" He called out with his head turning frantically. The villains laughed, his mother joining.

"He can't save you now, brat." She pushed him to the ground as he slided against the nails of grass. "Open your eyes, this is nothing for a wannabe hero."

His eyes closed, arms wrapping around himself. Again, his body didn't respond to the screams of signals.

Mitsuki kicked her son, "all my time and effort wasted on a greedy pity-seeker."

It was strange, not feeling the pain but aware of it happening. However, that evaporated when he could feel his shoulders being pulled from side to side.

"Bakugo!"
"Kacchan!"

Eyelids rolled backwards as Bakugo frantically searched the classroom, falling back on Kirishima and Midoriya - who had worried glances. Bakugo swatted their hands away and moved forward to realise he was positioned on the floor. He saw leather boots he recognised as his teacher's and moved his head backwards.

"How do you feel?" Aizawa asked.

"Yeah, I am fine just lost my sanity for a bit."

"What you experienced was the result of Shinso's quirk. We found out soon after that he used another student's voice to get you to respond and then mind control."

His palm was gonna bruise from the digging of his nails. He found out what he needed and left at the chance given, regardless of the protests from the two. Monoma was disqualified for cheating, of course, so it meant Bakugo was in the final tomorrow. He will participate, that's a given. Some mind fuckery won't affect him.