Chapter 10 - Bluebell fields - G

Denki turned to Sero desperately, lost on what to do! He couldn't stop hiccuping and they had tried all the methods Google recommended.

"Bro, I think I know what to do."

"Rea- ah! What is it?" Denki bounced.

"Hear me out, we do them all... at the same time. So, you'll hold your breath, drink water and handstand." Sero suggested

Kirishima nodded in agreement at the clever idea, if they're combined, it'll be more likely to work.

"Alright! I'll get on a handstand, give me a second." He stretched as an Olympic athlete would before their moment came.

Bakugo entered the classroom, noticing Sero and Kirishima obnoxiously clap as the other blonde stretched from side to side. He wasn't going to ask any questions as he was completely contempt not knowing what the hell his friends were up to this time.

"Hey."

"WHA!" Denki screamed in shock as Bakugo appeared out of thin air, to him but not anyone else.

"Bro--."

"The fuck?" Bakugo raised an eyebrow as he sat on a free desk, nearby.

Denki looked around, seemingly confused before his face lit up like a bulb. He gasped, "BAKU!! YOU CURED ME!" He jumped at the grumpy boy, dodging the attempts to punch him off. Clinging to Bakugo, he repeatedly thanked him and called him a saviour for ridding him of the wretched hiccups.

"Damn, I wish they stayed."

"Thank you! Wah, you're a wizard."

Kirishima wheezed at the massive pout on Bakugo. When the chatter died down between the squad, Bakugo hopped off the desk so he was standing in front of them. "We need to talk."

"Oh?" Sero encouraged.

"I don't know which of you peasants have been getting involved but I wanna say that Deku hasn't done anything to me, he didn't even know that the bitch talked to me. So, what I'm trying to say is leave him alone." He studied each of his friends, noticing the distinction between confusion and understanding.

"I should apologise, then," Kirishima spoke. "I got heated and just assumed he had something to do with it, not very hero-like of me and I won't do anything else, you have my word."

"Good, because now that I've warned you, if anyone does it I will crush you." Bakugo grinned with a pumped fist to emphasise.

Some of them shuddered and nodded. Kaminari was one to exaggerate it but he got the message.

"I hope Midoriya's alright, let him know that we have no problems with him." Sero crossed his legs.

"I will, now what else to talk about."

"Oh, Bakubro! You must join the upcoming competition between the students. It'll be going on all next week at lunch times." Kirishima added.

"What's it on?"

"Fifa 23, football matches between people until a winner is crowned! Everyone's putting a quid in for the prize."

As he had nothing better to do during his lunch times...

"I guess I need to practice, then."

"Ay, that's it!" Denki cheered.

Midoriya entered the classroom, sitting in his chair with his friends and Uraraka nearby. Iida greeted him.

"Good morning, Midoriya. I hope you rested and feel better."

He softly smiled, "I do, thank you."

Todoroki turned to join the conversation. "Uraraka told us you were sick so if you still feel unwell you should take the day off."

I'm not unwell? Midoriya scrunched his face, confused. His inner Bakugo flew onto his shoulder and barked inside his mind; Deku, she's lying to get away with being a bitch. He shook his head, refusing to listen despite knowing it's true.

"I'll be okay but thank you for worrying."

"You're welcome." Todoroki smiled.

-------------------

Fresh wind from outside passed through the windows, making the classroom chilly. The words from their English teacher blurred by the sharp noises of the board, restraining against the whiteboard pen as techniques were written. Apart from Bakugo, no one had the pride to speak on the unsettling noise. Some of them actually hoped he would say something but he didn't, being in his own world. It began with a question of how his life would be if was never kidnapped, would his parents then stay together? In his imagined alternate world, the three were having dinner as they laughed about the controversy on the news.

"The meal is delicious as usual, Mits."

His mother smirked at the compliment, "When would it not be, my love?"

They shared a lovingly gaze until she stared at her son. "Bakugo."

"Yes?"

"Bakugo, concentrate."

"What?" He raised an eyebrow at her while slowly dropping the fork. Why was she reacting like that when he was concentrating?

"Bakugo!"

He lifted his head and saw his English teacher point at him with a pen. "Five minutes, after class."

The distracted boy didn't respond, turning away in hopes of returning to the dinner with his parents but it wasn't working. Bakugo gave up as the lesson came to an end. He stood up to face Midnight, unbothered by the fact some students were still in the classroom, packing away.

"Remember to concentrate in my class, because you'll get confused on the interpretations if you don't."

"My bad, sorry."

She looked up at him and sighed, "you're not in trouble but don't let outside stuff distract you."

"Yes Miss." He left when she pointed at the door. Undoubtfully. By seeing that Midoriya had waited for him outside, he was charmed.