Chapter 22 - Want less - I

After that night, Bakugo knew he couldn't completely be alone in it. With the options weighed, he clung to the freckled boy with a force that guilt couldn't pry him from. But the force did have alternative effects.

His eyes opened in the morning and he watched the ceiling, examining the forming cracks. To the side, he saw the other boy curled into him with timid snores. He released a breath and then lightly tugged the hair out of the boy's eyes, seeing that his nose was scrunched up.

The blonde closed his fist with a determination inside, he could do this. There's a chance he could ammend his sins, accept his worthlessness and give to others. It was the best he could do, after how he has treated his friends...

His friends, it ached him to think he had those when he wasn't deserving. So unlikeable and brash, what did they see in that? For some reason, his mind accepted the connection with Midoriya, giving up on pushing him away too; either it was him being too stubborn or the childhood spent together. It strengthened their relationship in a way that differed to anything else. Give more and want less, simple in theory.

The time passed and Bakugo shook his boyfriend awake, afterwards preparing and then leaving to make it to lessons on time. On the way, Midoriya helped a child that lost their dog. His smile was similar to All Might, brave and uplifting.

They entered the class and Bakugo ended up greeting his friends, leading to an internal scolding for backtracking on his rough idea. It took ten minutes for the teen to lose interest in the teacher and he held his palms together, returning to the idea of gratitude.

I've done nothing but exploit them... and even then, they came back to me.

How could he show his appreciation in a way that is comfortable and realistic? As if Bakugo could preach a speech to them about it, that would be in another life. He's given gifts before, well, to his father. Gifts. That's a good idea, he could choose things that reminds him of them and place it in their lockers so they don't find out it's him. He doesn't need them to know, it's repaying their deeds.

It was already break time, the lessons went by so effortlessly. A passing leaf on the road. He lifted his bag and saw his friends wave at him, he bit his lip.

"I've got some stuff to do, maybe another time."

"No worries Bakubro, you know where we'll be!" Kirishima grinned.

There it is, that kindness, seeing him as if he was worthy. Even if he couldn't be there, they acted as if he was and Bakugo would never know what he did to win that. From the start, he prepared and accepted the fate of having no friends, behaving as any unlikeable person would, yet these... people didn't care. Were they mad or has he gone mad?

Bakugo waited for the classroom to empty and sucked in his breath, scooting towards Midnight.

"Hey Bakugo, anything you need me for?"

"Yeah, well. Could I stay here for break, I have some homework to do. It's due next and I gotta focus."

"Of course, it's all yours. I'll leave you to it."

Bakugo thanked his teacher as she left the class. He turned towards the pile of lined paper and selected the one at the top, placing it on his desk with a blue pen. The homework wasn't a full lie, it just wasn't due until tomorrow so he would do that later. Instead, he began listing his friends, debating and then adding Midoriya to the list. He examined it to make sure he didn't miss anyone that he valued:

Extras to gift:
-Shitty hair
-Fake Pikachu
-Pinky
-Soy Sauce
-Earphones
-Green sheep

The first step was completed so he needed to connect a brief explanation to their names on what he would buy them. At least as a prompt for when he looked in the shops.