Ch. 22 moments before disaster

Part 1

Wei Ying appeared back in the burial mounds where he was welcomed by little Yuan hugging his leg. "A-niang! Why are there butterflies around you?" Shoot. He forgot to hide his butterflies. "Ah, they're A-niang's pets," Wei Ying smiled at his son.

The butterflies surrounded Little Wen Yuan as he started catching them. Wei Ying smiled and saw himself in A-yuan's character.

While being abused by the storekeepers from getting their food scraps he runs to the nearest forest to hide himself there. He had no one. Not even his parents. At least he has his butterflies. He always played with his butterflies. Catching them, talking to them, sleeping with them…

His thoughts were interrupted by a certain Lan at the gate of burial mounds. "Lan Zhan, what are you doing here? Come in!!" Wei Ying let the Lan come in. Thank goodness he wasn't affected by resentful energy. It took him weeks to perform talismans on the dafan Wens for them to continue living at the burial mounds.

Lan wang ji fished through his sleeves and pulled out toys. "For A-yuan" Wei Ying awed at the gesture and smiled "You should give it to him face to face! He was missing his A-die" said Wei Wuxian while smirking. Lan Zhan's ears were red as a tomato.

"Mm."

While walking towards where Wen Yuan is playing, a golden butterfly landed on Lan Wangji's cheek– like it's kissing him. This was all manipulated by Wei Ying

"A-die!!" Little Yuan throws himself onto his father and Lan Zhan sways him in the air— earning laughter from the kid and a giggle from Wei Ying. Lan Zhan crouched down and said "I have something for you" he pulled out the toys. Specifically, bunny plushies and butterfly sticks. "Yayyy!!! Thank you A-die!!!" The little boy tiptoed towards him and gave him a kiss on the cheek also. "Will A-niang also kiss A-die on the cheeks?" This question had Wei Ying flustered and Lan Wangji smirking. "I'm waiting."

"Lan zhan! Shameless!!!" Lan Wangji chuckled and Wen Yuan giggled at his parents' antics.

The owl or should I say man watching from the Owl's POV smirked evilly.

Jin Guangshan smirked seeing his son, Jin Zixuan, worrying for his betrothed. The news of Jiang Yanli disappearing spreaded like fire. But the gossip also spread how Wei Wuxian, the yilling Laozu, lured the young maiden of Yunmeng. This gossip had Wei Wuxian being hated by cultivators. Attempting to kill him.

The news also flashed from Heaven as Ling wen saw how chaotic the mortal world is. "Maybe another calamity has been born." Pei Ming added. "We don't know yet for sure.. Ling Wen, what is that Child's name?"

"Wei Wuxian. Also known as The Yiling Patriarch."

TW! Gore! Mentions of k!lling ! Read at your own risk!!!!

A pack of Jin's ambushed Wen Ning into a cliff and started beating him up. "Useless Wen!"

"Wen's do not deserve to live!!"

"Wen dogs don't deserve food!"

Wen ning tried hard to not listen to their laughter and shaming but he couldn't. He couldn't when there was a Ghost luring flag that pierced through his abdomen. He screamed at the top of his lungs, ignoring the snickers and laughs of the Jin sect.

.

Wei Ying found Wen Ning under the rain, covered in blood and his skin was turning pale. His sister had just asked him if he knew where Wen Ning was and begged him to find him.