2. Making Plans

Quinn POV

"What the fuck!" Rhea gasps as I finish filling her in "what didn't you tell me I would've.........."

"That's exactly why I didn't tell you" I say draining my glass "he should have been the first to know, what happens should be up to him but I can't make him listen"

"Oh he's going to listen" she says "right now he thinks that guy is his friend, he needs to know he betrayed him, he needs to know what he's deprived him of"

It had felt good unburdening myself to Rhea, it felt good to finally get it off my chest, out in the open and tell some one what was going on. She's was right he needed to listen but right now he didn't want to and I didn't want to force him.

I had tried to call but he never answered, I didn't want to text him or write to him becuase this was not something you put in writing,  this is something you discuss face to face.

"What if........what if I knock him out and you lock him in a room with you?" She says "he'd have to listen then?"

"No I'm not forcing him, he has to want to listen" I say

"I could tell him, he will listen to me" she says

"No he has to hear this from me" I say "I have to be the one to tell him"

"Ok for now until we come up with a definitive plan, you need to stay on the road" she says "you can travel with me, seeing you everyday will make him realise you aren't going away and then maybe be he will agree to listen"

"I guess I could do that but that means being around him too" I sigh "it was hard enough watching D talking and laughing with him not knowing what he had done"

"He will get what's coming to him as soon as we get Priest's stubborn ass to listen" she says "the hardest part for me is not kicking his ass myself"

Just then my phone beeps, taking it out of my bag I see an all too familiar number on my screen. Hesitantly I open the message and my eyes fix on the screen

He's doing much better without you, don't ruin it, leave"

"Son of a bitch" Rhea growls "if he thinks Priest beige miserable, irritable and heartbroken is him doing better he is deluded. Despite what he's told you, he does still love you and he misses you. He's just angry and hurt and can't see past that, but we will get him to listen I promise, you are going nowhere"

I should of know he'd know why I was here, that he would try to warn me off but I wasn't about to let Damian carry on not knowing. I wasn't just doing this for myself, it was just about me and D and I wasn't going to be put off.

"You're right, I'll stay" I say and she smiles "I need to make a phone call and make some arrangements but let's do this"

Damian POV

Why was she here? Why did she have to come back? Why now? I was so sure I was starting to get over her but the second I saw her I felt it, ever scrap of love I have for her came right to the surface and it hurt like hell.

I coul still remember that night clearly, I had taken her to our favourite place, I had decorated it with fairy lights, candles and I had brought a picnic. We had talked, laughed and danced under the moonlight. Then I took my opportunity, I got down on one knee, made my speech and asked her to marry me.

There was nothing but fear and sadness in her eyes and I felt my heart shatter before she said anything. Without hesitation she said no, she couldn't and then she got in her car and left.

The next day I had gone to her room to talk to her, I didn't want to lose her but she was already gone. No note, no call, no nothing just gone.

Did I want answers? Yes more than anything but looking at her hurt like hell. I'm torn between wanting to listen and wanting her to stay away from me.

"You ok bro?" Matt asks as he Finn and Austin walk in the room

"Yeah that can't have been easy" Austin says

"Not really, it hurt like hell but I still love her" I sigh "Maybe I should just hear her out and then she will go away"

"I know you want answers but are you really ready to hear them?" Matt asks

"There is nothing she can say that will make what she did ok" Austin says "but it's your choice"

"I don't know man, raking up the past is never good" Finn says "it's been a year, like you said it's too late, you need to move on"

"Maybe, but I want to know why" I say "I need to know if she ever loved me"

"If she loved you she wouldn't have done what she did" Austin says

"He's right" Finn says "you don't do that to some one you love"

"Unless you have a legitimate reason to" Matt says "maybe she didn't have a choice, maybe she does love him but she had to do what she did"

They were all making really good points and I was so conflicted, if she loved me why would she leave me like that? Nothing about it made sense and I just didn't know what to do.