22. Forever

Quinn POV

I watch contentedly as Damian walks around our room rocking our son in his arms trying to get him to go to sleep. It warmed my heart to see them together and it also amused me how tiny Dante looked in his big strong arms.

It hurt to think about not only how much he had missed with Dante but that he hand now missed out on those things for a second time. Although I knew he was right, we both needed to heal and get over this I still felt empty. Every now and then I would place a hand on my stomach without thinking and then I'd remember and the pain would hit and the tears would fall.

"He's out" Damian says quietly "I'll go but him down and then we can have some time together" he says kissing my forehead before leaving the room.

I finish folding the tiny baby grow and place it in the box with the pregnancy test, it was all we head left of our lost angel. Just like I had when I found out that was having Dante I had started a baby box and had bought a baby grow straight away. It was sad to see how little I had to put in the box.

Placing the lid on it I get off the bed and walk over to the wardrobe that now contained Damian's things as well as my own and place the box on the shelf next to Dante's. I press a kiss to my finger tips and then touch them to the box before closing the door.

While Damian is with Dante I decide to head outside to get some air, I lean against the railing of our decking and allow the sea breeze to blow over me. The stars twinkle all over the sky and there is one really bright one and some part of me believes that's our lost angel letting me know they are OK.

I'm so lost in thought I don't realise I'm not alone until a blanket it wrapped around my shoulders and strong arms encircle my waist as soft full lips kiss my cheek.
Letting out a sigh I lean back against him and wrap my arms over his but eyes remain fixed on the stars.

"I love you" he whispers against my hair

"I love you too" I whisper back

"How are you doing?" He asks as he rests his chin on my shoulder

"Ok I guess, I still feel empty but I guess that will get better with time" I say "look at that bright star, do you think that's them?"

"Do I think we created the brightest star in the sky? Absolutely" he says "no matter what happens, where we go, what we do they will always be with us in our hearts and when the time is right for us to try again they will let us know"

"I know I don't need to say it but I want you to hear it" I say "there has never been anyone for me but you, I've never wanted anyone else, loved anyone else and I've never been with anyone else"

"I know mi àngel.......in my heart I always knew" he says "I probably didn't deserve your forgiveness but you......you deserve the world and all the good things it has to offer. If I fail to find that world for you, I promise to give you mine" he says "I remember the exact moment I knew you were the one. We were on the beach, the sun was setting and I looked over at you and I felt this overwhelming sense of love and I knew I never wanted to be without you. I know I've already asked and you've said yes but......mi àngel will you marry me and be mine forever?" He asks

For a moment I'm in a daze and when I look down I see a beautiful diamond ring in his hands. I turn my head to look at him and I can see the worry in his eyes from my silence.

"Yes" I smile "yes, with all my heart"

I watch as he slides the ring onto my finger before turning and taking his face in my hands. Our lips meet in a soft loving kiss as his arms wrap tightly around me. He lifts me up and sits me on the railing placing himself between my legs as the kiss continues.

As his lips part from mine his hands grip my hips and he rests his head against mine. Silently he pulls me into his embrace nuzzling into my neck.

"Thank you" he whispers "thank you mi àngel"

"How long is your break from work?" I ask "do you think we could get married before you go back?"

"As long as I want it to be, if I go back at all" he says and I stare at him "I'm happy just being here with you and Dante, at the moment I don't miss it, you, Dante, this right here is all I really need. In answer to your question yes I think we could"

"I know it seems like I'm rushing but I just don't.........."

"I know" he says cutting me off "you don't want to give him the chance to ruin it. I promise you he won't, your going to be my wife whether he likes it or not"