16. Tiny

Quinn POV

Arriving at the hospital I stop at the door and take a deep breath, I didn't know what to expect, or what I would see and I also felt a little guilty for somewhat enjoying my evening while our little boy was here alone.

An arm wraps round my waist, fingers grip my hip and lips caress my temple as I stare at the doorway.

"Hey, the worst is over now mi àngel" he says softly "let's go see our boy"

I allow him to guide me through the hospital along the winding seemingly never ending corridors until we reach the brightly coloured children's ward. We are taken through to the room he is in and lead over to his cot.

Our little boy is laid there, dressings and stitches up his chest fast asleep. I reach down and take his hand in mine and a loan tear falls down my cheek

"He looks so tiny, how is that possible" I ask

"They always do in these cots" the nurse says "he's doing fine, now there are somethings I need to talk you through. When you get to take him home, you must only lift him under his back and his legs, don't lift him under his arms as that will stretch the wound and distrust the stitches. You will be given medicine to give him for pain relief and when you bath him don't ypuse and soaps or gels just warm water and when you dry him just gently pat around the wound"

"That's a lot to remember" Damian says his eyes fixed on our son

"We will give you an information sheet with everything on" she says "his stitches are dissolvable so the will disappear on their own. I'll let you spend some time with him, I'm sure you missed him last night"

"Absolutley" Damian says and I just look at him and wonder how he can say that after last night and not feel guilty

"Wait.....one question" I ask nervously "if we were to have another child what are the chances......."

"You have nothing to worry about, your new baby will be just fine" she says and I'm about to ask how she knew and then realise I had my hand on my stomach

"Thankyou" I smile as she leaves

"I can't wait to get him home" Damian says as he grips his little finger "I've been thinking, I want to take a hiatus from work. I know what your going to say but with Dante to take care of and the baby on the way I want to be there to help and I can't do that on the road"

"D are you really sure you want to do that?" I ask and he sits down pulling me into his lap

"More than sure" he says "at home with you and Dante is where I want to be right now. I don't want to be away from you"

"But what about........."

"Forget about him, he doesn't matter" he says "this right here is what is important to me"

Placing my hand on his cheek I lean down and kiss Damian softly, this man never ceases to amaze me. Tha he loves me and Dante enough to even consider this is mindblowing to me. I know how much his job means to him, that it's his dream and yet here he is putting it on hold to be with his family.

"Put him down you have no idea where he's been" a familiar voice says and we break apart laughing.

"Hey nightmare" he smiles "what are you doing here"

"Well I wanted to be here for my friends and see how little dude was doing" she says giving us both a hug "and I wanted to make sure you two weren't killing each other"

"Oh she's killing me but in a good way" he smirks

"Ew....dude your baby is right there" Rhea says turning up her nose "so I'm guessing you two have sorted things out?"

"Yeah we have" I smile "we are giving things another try and Damian is going to move in with me"

"Thank god I really didn't want to have to kick your arse priest" she says and he laughs "oh and in case you were wondering he's still alive I haven't killed him.......yet" she smirks before looking over at Dante "he's gorgeous, I can see alot of your papi in you" she coos and a now awake Dante smiles up at her

"Personally I see nothing but his mami" Damian smiles

"Excuse me.....no no no.......mami" she says pointing at herself "mommy" she says pointing at me

"Nah Quinn has always been mami in my eyes" he says wrapping his arms around me and resting his chin on my shoulder

"Fine we can both be mami" she says and we all laugh "I'm glad you two fixed things, you needed each other, you belong together"

"Thank you for making me see sense" Damian says "I would have missed out on so much if not for you"

"Thank me by making her happy" she says "by loving her the way she deserves and down the line by making more beautiful babies like this little guy" she says and Damian and I share a subtle look

"I give you my word nightmare" he says "she's safe with me"