10. Family

Damian POV

When I awake the next morning I'm greeted by the sight of Quinn sleeping soundly beside me, her hair over her face a little and a small smile plays on her lips.

I take the opportunity to really take her in, take in how much she had changed in the last year. Her that had once been every colour of the rainbow was now black and shoulder length.

She had clearly worked hard to get back into shape after having Dante becuase her body didn't look like it has carried a child. She was still as perfect to me as she always was, she was still my Quinn, mi ángel.

My thoughts move to our son, he had woken a couple of times and I had managed to take care of him. It must have been so long since she had had a full night's sleep I wanted her to make the most of me being here.

Sliding out of bed I tip toe through to the nursery. I find Dante awake and wriggling. When he sees me he smiles and reaches out his arms to me.

"I'm so glad you forgave me little man" I say carefully lifting him into my arms "I promise I will never scare you again. Let's get you ready and then we can make mami breakfast"

As I change him I'm amazed at how quickly I have adapted to this and how easy I'm finding it so far. My only regret  is that I had missed so much time with my family.

"Alright you look like a real cool little dude" I smile as I pick him back up "time to make breakfast and I'm counting on you to tell me where everything is" I say and he giggles.

Quinn POV

As I wake I'm reach out my arms and find Damian's side of the bed empty. I immediately feel panicked like I'm having a moment of de ja vu. Had he really made love to me and left again?

I make my way to nursery to take care of Dante but when I get there his crib is empty. Knowing he can't have gotten out of there on his own I relax a little and make my way downstairs.

When I reach the kitchen I find Damian preparing breakfast. He has Dante in a baby carrier facing forwards so he can watch what his papi is doing.
I lean against the door frame and smile as I watch him cut up fruit while Dante giggles and kicks his legs.

"Alright can you tell papi when the knifes, forks and spoons are?" He asks and Dante claps his hands.

Damian goes to each cupboard and drawer each one getting different reactions from Dante when he asks him if it's the right one. Eventually he finds the right drawer and when he turns his eyes fall on my and he smiles.

"Good morning mi àngel" he smiles "we were going to bring this up to you"

"Good morning mi tesoro" I smile "have you boys been having fun?"

"Yeah, I think he's forgiven me" he chuckles

"Are you having fun with papi mi àngel" I ask and he gives me a big grin "Oh my gosh" I gasp

"What? What's wrong?" He asks

"Nothing he's just got his first tooth" I say "no wonder you've been so grumpy mi àngel" I soothe and he grins again showing off his tooth.

"Oh someone's getting to be a big boy huh?" Damian smiles "Alright take a seat and I will dish up"

I take a seat at the kitchen counter and he hands me a glass of fresh mango juice. Then he places a plate in front of me with pancakes and sliced strawberries that he's placed around the pancakes in the shape of a heart.

"Aww thank you" I say and he blushes a little

"The heart was Dante's idea" he says winking "enjoy and then maybe we could have a family day"

"We'd love that" I smile

Damian POV

As I watch Quinn tuck in to her breakfast my mind goes back to last night. We had talked for ages and even made a few plans before finally heading to bed.

I had been a little suprised when she asked me to stay in her room with her but then she quickly made her intentions clear and who was I disapppoint the love of my life.

I warm a bottle for Dante and then sit down with Quinn taking him out of the carrier.

"Here we go little man tuck in" I say giving him his bottle "we need to make you big and strong don't we so you can take on the whole world"

As he takes his bottle my gaze moves between him and Quinn never in my life have I ever felt as blessed as I do right now. I finally felt truly happy again and I wanted to be like this forever.

All I had ever wanted was forever woth Quinn and this time I was going to do everything I can to make sure we have that.

I'm shaken from my thoughts by Quinn offering me a slice of strawberry. She feeds it to me and I gently kiss her finger tips as I take it.

"I'm glad you're here D" she smiles "I love you"

"Me too and I love you more" I say and she rolls her eyes with a smile "and I love you too little man" I say looking down at Dante and he responds by reaching up gripping my beard and giving it a good tug making Quinn and I laugh.