18. Gone

Damian POV

As I walk through the backstage area I wanted to be anywhere but here. I wanted to be back home with Quinn and our son, I had no desire to be here right now let alone to wrestle. I finally had everything I wanted and I was missing out on valuable time with them.

"Yo Priest you have five minutes" a familiar voice calls out

"For you never" I say trying to by pass Finn to get to the locker room

"Please man, just five minutes" he says stepping in front of me "and if you know without doubt that everything I tell you is false then I'll leave you alone"

"I should really just punch you a second time" I sigh "but fine five minutes and then I finally get rid of you"

I follow himthrough backstage unil he finds an empty room, he holds the door open for me and I step inside. I knew I shouldn't even be entertaining him but a part of me wanted to hear what he had to say.

I was fully aware this would be another attempt to take me out of being with Quinn but I was prepared to call bullshit on everything he claimed becuase I knew my Quinn better than anyone.

"Alright, I assume you remember why you punched me?" He ask

"Yeah what of it?" I ask "and make it quick I have stuff to do"

"I wasn't lying man, she flirted with alot of the guys round here" he says "there was one guy in particular she was very close too, he showed a big interest when he heard she'd had a baby"

"Dante is my son" I growl "Quinn would never have cheated on me"

"How can you be sure?" He asks "look, we're friends, brothers even. I don't want to see you get hurt all over again, I'm trying to look out for you. Ask her for a dna test, if she has nothing to hide she'll do it"

"You're sick you know that" I say shaking head "I've just got her back and now you want me to hurt her"

"The last thing I want is for either of you to get hurt, but if I'm right you deserve to know" he says "especially before you give all this up for her"

"I'm not giving it up I'm just taking a break so I can help her care for Dante" I say "she's delicate right now she needs me"

"Perhaps this will help you make a decision" he says showing me his phone screen and just like that and confidence I had in Dante being my son was gone

Meanwhile

Quinn POV

Walking around the room I gently rock my son in my arms trying desperately to get him to sleep. He had been grouchy all morning, crying all the time and I had given him his pain medicine though it didn't seem to be helping.

"Please mi àngel don't cry" I soothe "I know it hurts but I need you to be brave"

"I don't think what they gave him is strong enough" my mom says "maybe we should take him to the hospital"

"I don't know, I really don't want to take him back there" I sigh "Maybe give him a little bit longer"

Just then a pain shoots across my stomach causing me to almost double over and drop Dante. As my mother looks at me with concern I hold my son out to her.

"Could you take him please" I ask and she does just that. I lean against the breakfast bar and gently run my hand over my stomach. Fear filling me from head to toe as another pain hits me

"Quinn whats going on?" My mom asks "are you alright?"

"I don't know" I gasp "I just know it hurts"

"Oh my god.......you're pregnant aren't you?" She asks and I nod "go to the bathroom and check your not bleeding"

I do as she says and head for the bathroom, once there with shaky hands I lower my jeans and then my underwear. What I see makes  my heart stop and clench. The only thing I hear is the sound of myself screaming but it sounds like it's coming from some one else.

My mother appears in the doorway with Dante in her arms and she doesn't need to ask.

"That's it, we are going to the ER I'm getting you botch checked out" she says "come on get ready and get in the car.

I some how manage to get myself ready even though I am in a completely daze, I'm not really thinking, I don't feel anything and there is only one thing I am sure of..........that our baby is gone.

Damian POV

"She's not answering she must be taking care of Dante" I say throwing my phone down

"I can't believe you are even listening to him" Rhea growls "she's my best friend I know her best and I am telling you he's spewing bullshit! Dante is yours, she has only ever been with you, she loves you for fucks sake stop letting him get in your head"

"You didn't see the picture" I say and the next thing I feel his her hand connecting hard with the back of my head "ow! What the hell nightmare!" I gasp

"I'm going to say it again you are a fucking drongo" she says "ever heard of photoshop, editing software? He faked the fucking thing you know damn well I'm right"

Just then Rhea's phone rings and she looks completely confused "it's Quinn's mom" she says before answering the call. I listen as she talks but I can't really figure out was going on, but when the colour drains out of Rhea's face I know it's not good.

"What's wrong?" I ask as she ends the call

"Do you actually care?" She snaps clearly upset

"You know I do" I snap back "now tell me what's going on!"

"She's take them both to the ER" she says "Dante wouldn't stop crying and he wouldn't settle no matter what they did"

"And Quinn?" I ask

"I'm so sorry Priest" she says tears in her eyes "I'm so so sorry"