Part 13 🚩

As Trevor's words hung in the air, a mix of emotions swirled within you. You had expected judgment or pity, but Trevor's blunt response took you off guard. The words stung, hitting a sensitive spot within you. It felt as if the vulnerability you had shown him was met with a dismissive remark. You turned around slowly, unsure of what to expect from Trevor's expression. As you faced him, you saw a shift in his demeanor. His eyes softened, and a look of remorse crossed his face as some memory surfaced in his brain. "My dad was pretty shitty too." He says taking another swig of his drink.

As Trevor's words sank in, you felt a twinge of understanding. The raw honesty in his voice and the vulnerability etched on his face gave you a glimpse into his own pain and struggles. In that moment, a connection formed, a shared understanding of the wounds inflicted by family dynamics.

You took a step closer to Trevor, your eyes meeting his. "I'm sorry to hear that," you replied, your voice filled with empathy.

He looked away with a scoff, "I don't need pity," You paused for a moment, realizing that Trevor's reaction was not a plea for pity but rather a reflection of his own resilience. It was clear that he didn't want sympathy; he wanted understanding. With a renewed sense of compassion, you chose your words carefully.

"It's not pity, Trevor," you said, your voice steady and earnest. "It's empathy. It's recognizing the strength it takes to rise above the challenges life throws at us. I understand that you've been through difficult times, and I respect your resilience."

Trevor's gaze met yours again, his eyes searching for sincerity. Slowly, the walls he had built seemed to soften, and he let out a sigh. "Yeah, well... it's a tough pill to swallow sometimes," he admitted, his voice tinged with vulnerability.

The two of you remained quiet as you finished your drinks, savoring the silence and each other's company. Eventually Trevor got up and walked over to the cooler and pulled out a bottle of hard liquor, pouring a new drink and handing it to you. Once you took it from him he pulls out another this time he poured one for himself, downing half the glass before setting it aside.

Finally, he walked back over to the couch, glass and bottle in hand, and sat down becoming you to the couch. "So how did you end up here?" he asks, his voice soft and relaxed.

You smiled, feeling comfortable in this familiar space and sharing a commonality with Trevor. "Well, I've been traveling since I graduated high school." You started coming to sit next to him. His arm skins around your shoulder making him much closer than before. "I started out working odd jobs in other states and then ended up here. I've found it really hard to find a steady job or here but working with the De Santas is fun." You finish your drink, putting it on the table beside the couch. "But I never thought I would meet someone like you."

Trevor's gaze locked with yours, his eyes filled with a mixture of curiosity and affection. "Someone like me, huh?" he replied, a playful grin forming on his lips. "Tell me princess, when you say like me what do you mean?" he ask both jokingly and serious. You chuckled at Trevor's playful yet probing question, appreciating his ability to strike a balance between lightheartedness and genuine curiosity. You took a moment to gather your thoughts, considering how to articulate what you found unique about him.

"When I say someone like you, I mean someone who has a way of making me feel seen and understood. You have this uncanny ability to cut through the noise and reach the core of who I am. You challenge me, yet you also make me feel safe and accepted." Trevor's grin widened, his eyes shimmering with amusement.

"Well, I guess I can't argue with that," he replied, leaning in closer. As Trevor leaned in closer, you felt a surge of anticipation, his proximity causing your heart to race. Your gaze instinctively drifted to his face, captivated by his features. The dim lighting in the trailer cast soft shadows across his chiseled jawline, accentuating his rugged masculinity. His piercing eyes, a shade of deep brown, held a hint of mischief and warmth, inviting you to delve deeper into his soul.