Part 35

"Oh, you know, just the usual 'tied-the-knot-with-someone-else' kind of married," Jimmy says, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "I guess you could say she's taken, but she seems to have taken a liking to me too."

You can't help but burst out laughing, partly from the absurdity of the situation, and partly from the way Jimmy delivers the news with such nonchalance. "You're telling me you're involved with a married woman, and you're okay with that?" you ask incredulously.

"Well, it's not like I planned for it to happen," Jimmy chuckles. "We just clicked, you know? The chemistry is there, and she's in the process of getting a divorce anyway. I'm just enjoying the ride, and if it leads to something more, then we'll see where it goes."

"You're unbelievable," you say, shaking your head in mock disapproval. "Only you could end up in a situation like this. You're definitely Michaels kid."

Jimmy grins mischievously, taking a dramatic puff of his cigar and blowing the smoke in the air. "Ah, you know me, always living life on the edge," he says with a wink. "But hey, you've got to admit, it's kind of an exciting adventure."

You roll your eyes playfully. "Exciting is one way to put it. Risky is another. But, I guess if you're happy and she's happy, who am I to judge?"

"That's the spirit!" Jimmy laughs, leaning back and putting his feet up on the coffee table. "Life's too short to pass up on opportunities for a little fun and excitement. Besides, it's not like I'm planning on running away with her or anything. We're just enjoying each other's company for now."

You can't help but squint your eyes at that comment, feeling like it was oddly specific. As you listen to Jimmy talk, you can't help but be amused by his devil-may-care attitude. He always seems to find himself in the most unexpected situations, but somehow, he manages to make it all work out in the end. It's both frustrating and endearing at the same time.

"So her husband...ex husband, whatever, does he know about you?" You snoop a little farther trying to figure out if you should tell Michael just in case things DO go south here.

Jimmy leans back, his grin faltering just a bit as he considers your question. "Well, you see, that's where it gets a little tricky," he admits, rubbing the back of his neck. "She hasn't exactly been upfront with him about our little connection. Apparently, they've been separated for a while, and she claims he's not really in the picture anymore. But I can't help but feel like there's more to the story."

You raise an eyebrow, sensing that there's more to this situation than meets the eye. "So, you think she's hiding something from you too?"

Jimmy nods, his playful demeanor fading momentarily. "Yeah, it's like she's afraid to tell me the whole truth. And, well, I'm not exactly the type to pry into someone's personal life, especially when they're in the middle of a divorce. But the whole thing does make me a little uneasy."

You can understand why he'd feel that way. Getting involved with someone who's still tied to a complicated past can lead to a whole mess of trouble. "Maybe you should talk to her about it," you suggest, trying to be diplomatic. "Communication is key in any relationship, even if it's just a casual one."

"Yeah, you're right," Jimmy agrees, a hint of seriousness creeping back into his tone. "I guess I'll have to have a heart-to-heart with her about all this. I mean, I'm not looking to be some guy's rival in a dramatic love triangle or anything. I've got enough on my plate as it is."

"Yeah, I can see where that would be a little stressful," you say, feeling your heart twinge slightly in sympathy. "Maybe try talking to her tomorrow and get to the bottom of it?"

Jimmy gives you a thankful smile, letting out a soft chuckle. "Hey, I owe ya one for this. How about you let me take you to get tatted up?" he offers, gesturing to the bareness if your skin.