Part 19

As the days passed, Trevor's once lively presence had now retreated into an enigmatic silence, leaving you with a lingering sense of concern. Your usual morning and evening messages had gone unanswered, making you increasingly anxious about his well-being. It was as if he had vanished into thin air, leaving you perplexed and unsure of what to do. You pondered reaching out to someone for information, but the thought of revealing your relationship with Trevor troubled you. Michael, in particular, seemed like the kind of person who would raise an eyebrow if he knew how deeply connected you both were. The risk of arousing suspicion gnawed at your mind, but the growing worry for Trevor's safety outweighed your fears.

Why did you even care if others knew about your bond? Perhaps it was the fear of judgment, fearing that people might tease you for your connection with Trevor, or worse, pass judgment on him. But still, you couldn't shake off the concern that gnawed at your heart. Days crawled by, leaving you in a state of constant unease. Until one fateful moment on the third day, your ears caught fragments of a hushed conversation between Franklin and Michael. Eavesdropping was not your intention, but the mention of Trevor's name drew your attention like a magnet. You strained to hear their words, hoping for some clarity, but the discussion only left you with more questions than answers. Franklin and Michael seemed equally perplexed by Trevor's disappearance, admitting they had no idea of his whereabouts. Their uncertainty mirrored your own, deepening the mystery surrounding your friend's sudden absence.

Despite the lack of substantial information, this small revelation gave you a glimmer of hope. At least you now knew that it wasn't just you who was in the dark about Trevor's situation; others close to him were equally clueless. Still, you couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more to this puzzling puzzle, something hiding beneath the surface.

"Mike, can I take the day off?" you asked, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. It was one of those afternoons when you had meticulously prepared for this moment, ensuring everything was in order. All the household chores were done—laundry neatly folded and stored, the dishes sparkling clean, and a batch of food ready to go in the fridge. The kids were out, probably engaging in some adventures of their own, leaving Amanda and Mike to enjoy their movie night together.

Michael de Santa, as he was known to the world, glanced up from the fridge with a beer bottle in hand, his piercing eyes locking onto yours. He had an air of confidence and a subtle yet constant aura of wariness around him. A master of reading people, he could detect the slightest hint of unease or hidden intentions. He took a moment before responding, his voice carrying a mix of intrigue and suspicion, "Take the day off? Why? Got something important going on?"

You swallowed nervously, knowing that you couldn't let your true concern for Trevor slip through. You had to be careful in your response, playing the casual card, as if this was just an ordinary request. "Nah, nothing special. Just need a break, you know? My family has been blowing up my phone and i need a chance to talk to them, Maybe spend some time alone, unwind a bit."

Michael, observing you closely, seemed to ponder your request for a moment. His piercing gaze made you feel as if he could see through your facade, yet you held your composure, hoping he would accept your explanation at face value. After a moment's pause, he nodded thoughtfully, taking a swig from his beer bottle. "Yeah, I get it. Family stuff can be overwhelming sometimes. Alright, take the day off. Just remember, if anything important comes up, you're on call."

You nodded, relieved that he had bought your explanation. "Thanks, Mike. I appreciate it. I'll be back tomorrow for sure."

With that, you made your way out, feeling a mix of relief and uncertainty. Michael de Santa was a complex individual, a man who had lived a tumultuous past and had a talent for staying one step ahead of trouble. You hoped that whatever Trevor and Michael had to do that day you saw him last wasn't the cause of this sudden silent treatment, you immediately pack an overnight bag prepared to stay out all night and get a hotel room if need be.