Part 40

Trevor turned to you, concern etched on his face as he saw the state you were in. "Are you alright? What happened in there?" he asked urgently, reaching out to touch your shoulder before hesitating, aware of your injury.

"I'm okay," you reassured him, despite the pain evident in your voice. "Just popped some stitches in sure, but I got what we needed from the safe." You handed him the bag of jewels, money, and whatever product he lost you managed to snatch from the safe. "They're all inside here."

Trevor's concern turned into a mixture of relief and pride as he took the bag from you, realizing that you had successfully completed the heist despite the odds. Part of him had expected you to absolutely fumble and he was more then prepared to run in and rescue you but surprisingly you were here next to him smiling despite the open wound in your shoulder. "Damn, babe, you never cease to amaze me," he said, his voice filled with genuine admiration. "I knew you had it in you."

You managed a weak smile, the pain in your shoulder becoming more apparent. "I couldn't have done it without you." you replied, grateful for his belief in you. "But i'm so ready to get out of here. I could really use some pain meds."

Trevor nodded in agreement, his concern for you growing even stronger, regardless he kept this hidden from you. "Yeah, we need to get you patched up. Hang on," he said, starting the engine and quickly driving away from the scene. As he navigated through the dark streets, he glanced over at you occasionally, making sure you were alright. You were to focused on the scenery as you watched the world pass by in a blur.

"We'll find a safe place to lay low for a while," Trevor said, his voice filled with determination and worry. "I've got some medical supplies stashed away in here somewhere. We'll take care of you, and find something to help with the pain."

As Trevor drove, you felt a mixture of exhaustion and gratitude. The adrenaline that had fueled you during the heist was fading, leaving you feeling drained and sore. You leaned back in the seat, trying to find a comfortable position that wouldn't put too much pressure on your wounded shoulder. Trevor kept a close eye on you as he drove, and you appreciated his concern. He was more than just a partner in crime; he was your rock, the one person you could rely on in this dangerous world. You knew he would do whatever it took to keep you safe. After a short drive, Trevor found a secluded spot where you could lay low for a while. He parked the truck and quickly rummaged through his stash of supplies, finding bandages, antiseptic, and a small baggy of white powder.

"Trevor, you don't have to do this," you said weakly, trying to hide the discomfort in your voice. "I can take care of myself."

He shook his head firmly. "No way, babe. I'm not leaving you to suffer." Trevor's demeanor shifted, and he became focused on tending to you. He gently helped you out of the truck and supported you as you walked to a nearby tree where you could sit down. He carefully removed your jacket and pulled up your sleeve, revealing the bloody bandage covering your shoulder. As he began tending to you, you found your mind elsewhere, staring mindlessly down at the city below that was a stark contrast of the quiet dark woods around you. "You're a tough one, you know that?" he said with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood breaking you from your trance. "Reminds me of my old days, but you're tougher than me."

You chuckled weakly, appreciating his attempt at humor. "Somehow I highly doubt that."

Trevor grinned and continued to work on cleaning and re-bandaging your wound. "Nah, you're the toughest damn girl I've ever met, and that's saying something." He paused for a moment, contemplating something, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out the small baggy of white powder. "This might help numb the pain a bit. It's not the cleanest solution, but it'll do the trick for now."