Part 21

Trevor's eyes widened in surprise at your confession. For a moment, he seemed almost taken aback, as if he couldn't believe what he had just heard. The room fell silent, the weight of your words hanging in the air, and you could feel your heart pounding in your chest.

"You... love me?" he finally muttered, disbelief evident in his voice.

"Yeah, I do, it's not that big a deal." Your heart was still racing and if you looked at him now it might stop dead, but you refused to back down.

Trevor's expression softened, and he let out a small chuckle. "Well, I'll be damned," he said, his voice tinged with a mix of surprise and amusement. "Never thought I'd hear those words directed at me."

You glanced at him, trying to gauge his reaction, but he seemed to be processing the information rather calmly. Perhaps he was just trying to hide his emotions, but you sensed that your confession had touched something deep within him. "It's alright if you don't feel the same way," you said softly, trying to be understanding. "I just wanted you to know."

Trevor's gaze softened, and he reached out to gently take your hand in his. "No, it's not that," he said, his voice surprisingly gentle. "It's just... I never expected anyone to care about me like that after all the shit I've done. It's hard to believe."

You squeezed his hand, offering a reassuring smile. "People can surprise you, Trevor. We all have our pasts, our mistakes, but that doesn't mean we're unworthy of love or care."

He looked at you for a moment, as if trying to understand the sincerity in your words. "You're not scared of me?" he asked, his tone tinged with vulnerability.

"I won't lie, you can be intense, but I'm not scared of you," you said truthfully. "I've seen a side of you that others might not see-a side that's caring and protective, even if you try to hide it behind your tough exterior. And I believe that you have the capacity to change and be better, if you want to."

Trevor's gaze dropped to your intertwined hands, and he sighed softly. "You're too good for me," he murmured.

You quickly grabbed a towel you had been using to dry dishes off with earlier and playfully swat at him with it. "I told you not to say that stupid-" The rest of your sentence couldn't be understood do to your laughing and giggling.

Trevor let out a surprised laugh as you playfully swatted at him with the towel. He was taken aback by the sudden change in mood, but he couldn't help but find your laughter infectious. For a moment, the weight of the serious conversation lifted, replaced by a lighthearted playfulness.

"You're a real piece of work, you know that?" Trevor said, his eyes glinting with amusement.

"And you're a big, scary tough guy," you teased back, giving him a playful smirk. "But you're not as tough as you want everyone to believe."

Trevor let out a mock growl, pretending to be offended. "Oh, really now? You think you know me so well?"

"Well, I'm getting there," you said sounding triumphant, a genuine smile tugging at the corners of your lips. "Bit by bit, I'm peeling back those layers, Mr. Tough Guy."

Trevor chuckled, shaking his head. "Fucking relentless." he remarked, the amusement evident in his voice.

"You bet I am," you replied playfully.

His expression softened, and he squeezed your hand gently. "I never had someone like you in my life before," he admitted, his voice tinged with a mix of vulnerability and gratitude.

"Well, get used to it," you said with a teasing smile. "Because I'm not going anywhere."

Trevor's gaze met yours, and for a moment, it felt like the world around you faded away, leaving just the two of you in that small, cluttered trailer. The weight of your confessions and emotions hung in the air, and you could feel the intensity of the connection between you. Trevor's eyes bore into yours, searching for something, but this time, it wasn't his typical intensity. Instead, there was a glimmer of something more tender, more genuine. He leaned in closer, as if drawn by an invisible force, and his lips gently met yours in a soft, hesitant kiss.