25.

(Song: The River~ Fahrenheidt)
They sat in the cave. The water nibbling at their ankles, the blueish-green light shimmering beneath them.
Here it has begun.
Here, Aresu had fallen for Rafe.
Here, Rafe had finally found the courage to let her into his life.
They had seen the sunrise.
Now they'd look at the sunset.
To watch the dawn seemed a good thing to do to wish the summer good-bye.
College would start soon and new things begin.
As they sat there, crowded together, shoulders touching, Aresu felt the warm feeling of hope and love filling her heart.
He was here with her. And they would stay here. Together.
They would figure it out. And with it she meant everything.
Their life, their love, their problems, their fears and their improvements.
They would ground each other, be a sanctuary, be the light.
Rafe had saved Aresu.
Aresu had saved Rafe.
Rafe smiled sweetly, shifted and laid his arm around her.
"It'll come soon, you'll see."
She nodded, leaned back and rested her head onto his shoulder.
It was warm and steady.
Aresu wobbled with her feet, letting them glide through the water. It was cool against her skin and a great distraction from the excitement that built up in her chest. Maybe it was also fear of what would come next.
But now she did not care.
She lived here, right at that moment.
She sat here in the cave, felt the summer around her, the cold stone under her and the warm body of her boyfriend.
And all the sensations were perfect.
The whole day had been perfect. Both had sat at the beach reading, smiling, laughing. It was calming and it was beautiful.
"Look, Grisu! It's starting."
"There! It begins! You gotta look!" That's what he has said in the very beginning.
He pointed at the pool, shifting slightly.
She lifted her head from the comfortable position at his shoulder and sat up.
And then she saw it. She saw the beautiful sunlight filling the pond, letting it look like pure gold, shimmering and gleaming magically.
Aresu felt her eyes tear up.
The morning here had been beautiful.
The evening here was truly magnificent.
"It's beautiful," she whispered.
"The sun truly brings wonders once again. It brought you to me."
Grisu looked at him, the golden light shining upon him like a halo.

His blue eyes seemed almost as green as the water was just moments before the sun hit

He tilted his head to the side, grabbed her hand and smiled widely.
Then they continued looking at the sea, feet dangling in the ocean, bodies pressed closely, lips smiling, eyes loving.
Their summer had ended but new adventures awaited them.
New experiences.
New moments they looked forward to.
Grisu once again looked sideways.
Rafe had been watching her. He raised his hand, pulled back a strand of her hair and pushed it behind her ear while leaning closer.
She moved as well, their lips touching.
A sweet firework erupted in their bodies, sending out armies of butterflies. They conquered all their veins and settled right in the chambers of their hearts.
Deep drowning in the ocean of love they wandered, found and saved. Loved and protected.
Their bodies tingled whenever the other hand touched the skin. Their hearts beat like drums. Their eyes showed their partner the deepest pit of their souls. And only they had the key to enter it.

Because Rafe loved her.
Because Aresu loved him.