Chapter fiftteen 

Alyssa Pov

It's been five months since I left, I'm actually returning tomorrow. For these past five months I have been in Minnesota where I grew up until 10. I got a job at a diner that I always went to when I was little. My dad knew the owner which was a cool thing and the guy gave me the job cause he knew me. I also been staying with one of my mothers friends. I've been working at the diner and babysitting her kids children. I do miss my LA, my dad and all my friends and even the 118. I miss that job so much. And I'm hoping to go back and make everything better again. Working at the diner is ok but it's not my favorite. I rather be out there working with the 118 but I needed to get away. I needed to focus on myself and this is exactly what I needed!

My father has contacted me so many times. I was recently on the phone with him and told him I was coming back but I told him to tell no one. I want to surprise everyone hopefully. I'm excited to go back to LA, I really miss it.

I missed the 118, I miss my friends, I miss my family. I am just nervous to see Eddie again. I took these months to kinda get over him but it hasn't been working the greatest. It's just is such an amazing guy that stole my heart, that is hard to let him go but I know I have to to move on.

I'm currently in my room packing my suitcase up with everything I need and brought with me. I do have some extra bags because I bought stuff here that I needed. When I'm done I head down to the diner to bye to everyone who I worked with

"Alyssa" Claire says who is the owner's wife of the diner. These past couple of months she felt like a mom to me. My last shift at the diner this was yesterday and I took today off to pack and get ready to leave

"Hey, I just came to say bye" I say and she smiles

"I'll miss you but you promise to come visit me right" she asks and I nod

"I promise" I say and she smiles. I say my goodbyes to other coworkers that I grew closer with. I hop in my car and head back to the place I've been staying at and get ready for bed. Last night here!

                                  :::::

A long drive ahead of me but I know I can do this. I just hope they recognize me, my hair is brown with blonde tips! I dyed my Tips blonde three months ago, I really like it. My original hair color is brunette but I can never dye my hair blonde or else they'll probably find me easily.

The drive goes by really quickly since traffic was not that bad until I hit LA. I left really early in the morning and didn't get to My dad's place until nine at night. I unlock the door with my keys to find my dad and Athena on the couch cuddled up next to each other sleeping.

"Awww" I say which causes both of them to wake up

"Omg your home" My dad says and jumps off the couch to give me the biggest hug

"Yeah I am" I say and he smiles

"Hey Athena" I say smiling

"Hey sweetie" she says hugging me

"So when's the wedding" I asks

"We're planning" She says smiling

"Well whenever it is I will so be there" I say and they smile

"So where did you for the past five months" Athena asks

"I was in Minnesota, I stayed at one of my moms friends house and I got a job at diner. But I also took the time to focus on myself. I just needed to get away and focus on myself" I say and she smiles

"That's good, if you don't mind me asking why are you so down that one week before you left" she says

"I was in a relationship for a while and kept it secret and things didn't work out I just brought me down with a mix of everything. Opening up about my kidnapping times really brought me down also" I say and I see my dad looking at me

"Tell me who and I will give him a piece of my mind" my dad says

"No, I not gonna tell you! I moved on and I'm better now. I wanna focus on my life right now and spend time with family i'm going back to the 118. Which I talk to the chief and I am going back tomorrow, I got his approval but also I want to surprise people" I say and they nod. We sit on the couches and they catch me up on everything I missed from the past five months. They even tell me about Shannon passing, I feel really bad about that. They also tell me that my dad is not the captain right now. What?

"Oh god chimneys the captain" I say and he nods

"Oh tomorrow gonna be crazy!" I say and they nod

"Also stay safe, if you get a package don't open it. There's a bomber case going on right now" Athena says and I nod

"Do you know who's doing it" I ask her

"We Think it's someone doing it to people who did something to them" Athena says and I nod

"Ok, i'm gonna go to bed big day tomorrow" I say and they nod

"Night" they says and I go to my room. I can tell that someone's been in here. Probably my dad, everything is left like I had it but you can tell someone probably dusted in here because there's no dust anywhere. I change into PJs and snuggle under my bed and fall into a deep sleep but little did I know tomorrow was gonna be a really hectic day...

A/N: chapter 15 complete! Sorry if I don't update this book almost every day. I'm currently working on another book! working on two books at once yay! What are you guys think about this book so far though?

See you in the next chapter where things might be hectic!!