5. Hot Pie

"I never did ask how you came into tyrions service." Rieka remarked.

"It was stupid really." Podrick admitted. "I was stupid."

"Tell me anyways. We got nothing but time." Rieka remarked as they set up for the night.

"Don't laugh at me." Podrick requested.

"No promises." Rieka mused.

~

"Ser Lorimer," Podrick had remarked "I think you have had a lot to drink, my lord."

"POD!" He declared. "Come, drink, eat..."

"My lord?"

"Pod... I'm taking the ham." Ser Lorimer whispered.

"My lord?" Podrick questioned. Ser Lorimer laughed drunkenly as he ran out stumbling into a lady, she spun around watching him go. Still cackling.

"Pardon him my lady." Podrick said chasing after Ser Loirmer.

"My lord... please I must beg you to return the ham." Podrick declared.

"No..." Lorimer laughed out.

"my lord-"

"Come, eat, drink!" Lorimer shouted happily.

"You just stole a ham, my lord." Podrick whispered back at him.

"I certainly did!" he laughed out. So Podrick gave in and ate and drank but they were caught and thrown in the cells at Harrenhall to await punishment. To await death.

~

"You thought you were going to die for eating a stolen ham?" Rieka questioned.

"I was thrown into a cell." Podrick agreed.

"Is that why you are such a good boy Pod?" Rieka questioned leaning in.

"I wouldnt say..." Podrick hesitated, was this a test? Surely it was. He was a good guy, but girls liked bad boys didnt they?

"How did you get out?" RIeka countered seeing his hesitation.

"Tywin Lannister showed mercy, because of my cousin... Illyn."

~

"Wait." Tywin declared as Lorimer and Podrick were about to be hung for their theft. "Podrick. Payne was it?" Tywin asked slowly.

"Yes. Yes my lord.' Podrick agreed and Tywin sighed.

"Your cousin Illyn has been loyal to the Lannister name." Tywin remarked. Illyn payne was their executioner at the capital.

"Yes my lord. The Lannisters are good people, you are good people." Podrick said nervously.

"Let him down." Tywin declared and Podrick felt like he could breathe. "You will not walk free unpunished." Tywin remarked.

"Of course my lord, thank you my lord." Podrick said immediately.

"You are to go to the capital and be a squire for my son Tyrion." Tywin instructed.

"Yes my lord an honor my lord.' Podrick agreed.

"Just wait until you meet him." Tywin mused.

~

"Tywin saved your life." Rieka remarked.

"That he did." Podrick agreed. "I was grateful for the work with Lord Tyrion." Podrick added. "Getting to know you."