9. Big Bitch

If Walls Could Talk / HP x HOTD out now!

"Where did she go?" Brienne demanded. "Where did Rieka go?" Podrick spun around nervously. 

"I dont know, to see the hound?" Podrick remarked. 

"RIEKA! ARYA!" Brienne demanded. "Find them." She seethed. 

"RIEKA?" Podrick called out. "Rieka?"

Rieka came slumping up the hill, Podrick refused to leave, Brienne thought it was hopeless. Rieka walked to Brienne, Avalon jumped up saying hello to Podrick. 

"You big bitch!" Rieka shouted giving Brienne an unsuspecting shove and she faltered back. "Sandor was just trying to protect Arya and you fucking killed him!" RIeka shouted. Brienne saw the pain in her eyes. "Sandor was good to us and you just... you... I know why you are not a knight, Brienne. YOu have no fucking honor." Brienne gaped back at her. "Come on Avalon-"

"Where are you going?" Podrick chased after her. 

"Arya fucking vanished, like a damn ghost. I need to find Sansa." Rieka remarked. 

"Rieka-" Podrick reached for her but she crumbled to the ground, screaming out. 

"my lady?" Brienne questioned kneeling beside her. 

"Dont touch me." She hissed at Brienne and she leaned back but still wanted to help. Her eyes pinched closed and tear forced their way out her eyes. 

"Rieka, whats wrong?" Podrick demanded moving to her, reaching out for her, she didnt snap at him, he did nothing wrong. She clutched her stomach screaming out. 

"She was pregnant." Brienne remarked. Podrick shifted up her dress slightly and saw the blood spreading down her legs. 

"She's losing the baby." Podrick agreed softly. Rieka sobbed out, from the pain, from losing her child. 

They stayed there that night, Rieka lay her head in Podrick's lap, he stroked her hair, she didnt say another word. She just lay there, her eyes reflecting in the fire. 

She didnt know when she fell asleep but when she woke she found Podrick's arms around her, holding her. She sighed a silent sob as she cried into his chest. Before she built up her strength and courage she moved to the stream, Podrick and Brienne were still asleep. She needed to cleanse the blood from her legs. 

She stripped off her dress before realizing she needed to soak it as well, it was bloody and disgusting. SHe cleaned it best she could and threw it up on a rock to try and dry while she dunked herself under the water scraping at her thighs, rubbing viciously at the blood, her baby, her little baby... gone. Just like that, gone. 

"Where is Rieka?" Podrick questioned upon waking up. 

"Ran away." Brienne pondered. Podrick looked to her horse but no Avalon. 

"Avalon? Rieka?" Podrick called out, he heard Avalon give a little yip and he peered over to the stream just in time to see Rieka dunk her head back down under the water. 

"She likes you." Brienne remarked. 

"She is my friend." Podrick agreed. 

"She hates me. I dont see her staying with me much longer." Brienne remarked as she started to pack up. 

"My lady, Will we head north at some point? RIeka said Sansa and her have a brother at Castle Black. We're a few days ride from the Kingsroad, but that will take us--" Podrick began.

"Us?' Brienne hissed. "The only reason you're here is that Jaime Lannister told me you weren't safe in the capital. You're hundreds of miles from King's Landing. No one knows what you look like. No one cares. You're safe." Rieka pulled herself from the water as podrick looked to Brienne, hurt spread across his face. 

"But I'm you're squire." Podrick corrected softly.

"Do you even know what a squire is?"

"An attendant to a knight?" Podrick pondered.

"As Rieka reminded us all, I'm not a knight. That means you're not a squire." Brienne hissed. 

"Well, where would I go?" Podrick questioned.

"I don't care, I'm not your mother." Brienne hissed.

"You swore to find the Stark girls."

"I found Arya. She didn't want my protection." Brienne reminded him. "Rieka wants me dead, she doesnt need protection." 

"Sansa still might." Podrick countered. "Rieka still wants to find her sister."

"Will you shut your mouth?" Brienne snapped.  "I didn't ask for advice. I don't want anyone following me. I'm not a leader. All I ever wanted is to fight for a Lord I believed in." Brienne murmured. 

"The good lords are dead and the rest are monsters." RIeka remarked her hair dripping wet onto her still damp dress. 

"My lady, will you continue on with... us?" Brienne questioned. 

"For now." Rieka agreed. "Stop being such a bitch to Podrick." She added. "Come on Avalon." Podrick smiled but Brienne scowled back at him and his smile fell quickly. "Brienne." Rieka demanded not bothering to look back, she knew. 

"Does that girl have eyes in the back of her head?" Brienne muttered.