2. Trust

"Tyrion trusted you Pod, he thought of you as a true friend." Rieka Stark remarked. Podrick smiled softly back at her. 

"Thank you my lady," Podrick answered. 

"How many times must I tell you to call me Rieka?"

"Just once more my lady." Podrick remarked blushing. Rieka chuckled leaning into him. Podrick knew it wasnt right, RIeka was his lords wife but Tyrion was on the run, he would never return to Westeros and Rieka was here. Podrick wrapped an arm around Rieka, making a silent promise that he would protect her. Try and do better at protecting then he had with Tyrion. 

Podrick met RIeka shortly after he was assigned to be Tyrion's squire, Rieka spent a lot of time with Tyrion. Podrick understood why Tyrion fell in love with Rieka. She was beautiful, she was funny, she was smart and sassy. She made Podrick smile without even trying but for the most part, Podrick was silent be observed but now that Tyrion was gone and Podrick's life- in his mind- had little meaning without someone to squire for, his lord gone, he felt like the main character in his own life. 

"Lady Rieka," Podrick whispered. 

"I'm pregnant." Rieka rasped. Podrick stared back at her straightening up. "I'm scared that Cersei is going to find out and kill me or the babe or both of us because it's Tyrions and she still thinks Tyrion killed her son and now he killed their father-" RIeka whimpered and Podrick had no words that would help so he clung to Rieka, holding tight to her as she cried into him.  Finding safety and stability in his skinny arms. 

+

"You sent for me, Your Grace?"

"Your Grace. How formal of you. How many Kingsguards are posted outside Tommen's door?" Cersei questioned.

"Ser Boros is on duty tonight. Tomorrow I believe..." Jaime began.

"So one? You have one man guarding the future king?" Cersei demanded.

"I promise you Tommen's safe. We're protecting him." Jaime assured.

"The way you protected Joffrey? Why did Catelyn Stark set you free?" Cersei demanded.

"What?"

"I've been wondering for months. Ever since that great cow brought you back to the capital. Why did she set you free?" Cersei spat.

"You know why. She'd hoped I'd send her daughters back to her." Jaime answered.

"She hoped or did you promise?" Cersei seethed.

"I swore by all the gods that if her daughters were alive, I'd return them to her." Jaime admitted. Jaime and Cersei both liked RIeka, Cersei had begun to think of Rieka as a sister. Jaime saw why Tyrion liked Rieka, she was a smart ass like himself and could win any argument it seemed. 

" So you made a sacred vow to the enemy." Cersei agreed.

"I wanted to get back to you. Should I have told her to fuck off?" Jaime questioned.

"You didn't mean it, then? You have no loyalty to Catelyn Stark?" Cersei questioned.

"Catelyn Stark's dead." Jaime reminded her. Sansa had run off, Arya was long gone. They had Rieka, Rieka alone. Jaime didnt think Cersei wanted her dead but the look in her eyes was vicious. 

"So if I told you to leave the capital right now and find Sansa, if I told you to find that murderous little bitch and bring me her head, would you do it?" Jaime scoffed. " I know you went to see Tyrion. That creature who murdered our son."

"I had to see him. I had to know for myself." Jaime agreed.

" And?" Cersei spat.

"He didn't do it, Cersei." Jaime begged.

"You've always pitied him. Our poor little brother. Abused by the world. Despised by his father and sister. He'd kill us all if he could." Cersei sneered. She marched towards Jaime.  "I want four men at Tommen's door day and night. That will be all, Lord Commander."