13. Don't Think

Brienne woke them up with a gentle and not to gentle kick to Podrick's backside.

"Time to get moving," Brienne barked.

"The sun isnt up yet." Rieka whined.

"Time to get up." Brienne repeated. Rieka grumbled burying her face in Podricks chest. He begged Brienne silently to let them sleep let him stay wrapped around rieka like this.

"How about this-" rieka countered. "You start going and we will catch up."

"Up!" Brienne demanded. Rieka grumbled as she got up, Podrick stared longingly back at her before Brienne gave him another warning kick.

"I'm up." Podrick remarked getting off the floor. 

They rode on ward and Rieka yawned out, Avalon pranced before them snapping at butterflies that got too close to her. Podrick almost steered himself into a tree as he watched Rieka laugh out smiling down at Avalon. 

"Podrick, remember what I said about riding?" Brienne barked.  Rieka looked to him as he tried to steer. 

"Take my reigns." Reika remarked jumping down and tossing her reigns to Brienne. 

"What are you-"

"I'm teaching him." Rieka remarked She pulled herself up behind Podrick and he tensed feeling her arms around him, feeling her chin on his shoulder, her breath on his cheek. "Use your thighs Podrick." RIeka instructed, giving his thighs a tap with her own from behind. "Show the horse you hold mastery over it." 

"Even if I dont?" Podrick mused looking to her, their faces less than a breath away. 

"Until you actually do." Rieka corrected.

Brienne hated to admit it but Podrick did better under Rieka's teachings but that might have been Podrick trying very hard to impress RIeka. Brienne watched them as they let the horses get water. RIeka was an average height, not a giant like herself. She was a smidge smaller than Podrick and Brienne knew that from how easily men seemed to fall for RIeka that she was the ideal girl. The girl Brienne wished she could have been when she was younger, the girl all the boys actually wanted. 

Brienne didnt want Podrick, she wanted to be seen like Rieka was seen though. No just for her height, she was a skilled warrior, she didnt need the love and adoration of a man. But her journey with Jaime had changed her view on men. She had wanted someone, every time she put on her armor she thought of what Rieka said about Jaime liking her. But Brienne wasnt Cersei. Wasnt a thin little twig of a woman, she wasnt delicate. 

But Rieka was proving not to be all that delicate either. 

"You are staring Brienne," Rieka remarked. "Move your ass, a lot of ground to cover." Rieka sassed as Avalon weaved between Podrick's legs. 

+

"She's far away from the Lannisters. This is her home. Maybe Lady Sansa is better off here." Podrick pondered and Brienne stared back at him perplexed.

"Better off with the Boltons who murdered her mother and brother? Sansa's in danger even if she doesn't realize it." Brienne hissed.

"I hate to agree with brienne but she is right." Rieka added as A man entered with some water and a towel. "Thank you." She whispered keeping her head down.

"You've lived here a long time?" Brienne questioned

"Aye."

"Did you know Lord Eddard?" Brienne questioned.  Rieka glanced to him from podricks side.

"I knew him and his father before him. The Starks are gone now." he answered. Rieka tried to see if she knew the man but all knew her father and loved her father. She didn't recognize him.

"Not all of them. I know who's inside that castle."

"Everyone knows. The Boltons."

"I'm not talking about the Boltons. I need to get a message to her. To Sansa Stark." Brienne corrected.

"Who are you?"

"Someone who swore to keep her safe." Brienne offered. Brienne glanced to rieka but she kept her gaze away. She didnt want people to know who she was in case something happened if someone was lying to them. She refused to be a prisoner again.

"Swore to who?" he countered quizically.

"Her mother."

"Her mother's dead."

"That doesn't release me from an oath. I served Lady Catelyn. I serve her still. Who do you serve?"

"You think he will do it?" Rieka questioned laying beside Podrick. His hand trailed her hip as she snuggled into his chest. He didnt know when it started to happen but they had a relationship. He had never kissed her or anything. Like that. He wanted to. He really did but rieka lay curled up beside him every night. She moved to him when she was nervous. She held his hand when they walked. Her nose against his as a finger trailed along his jaw.

"I hope so." Podrick breathed back through a shaky breath.

"Go to sleep." Brienne grumbled. "And shut up." Rieka leaned into podrick reaching over and blowing out the candle behind him. But she stayed close to him in the little feather bed.

"You ever going to kiss me?" Rieka whispered against his lips.

"I- I was thinking about it. A lot." Podrick admitted.

"Shut up." Brienne grumbled.

"Dont think." Riela countered her lips meeting his. Brienne got the silence she wanted until she heard podrick moan into riekas mouth pulling her closer. Heard riekas little giggle as podricks cock throbbed against her leg. Then silence again as their lips found each other again. Brienne tried not to focus on the little wet noises their mouths made as she turned over and begged for sleep.