27. Promises

' Gather round. Come here.' Jon requested He held it out.  Rieka stared down at the words.

"Tyrion?" She rasped. Podrick took a step closer. Tyrion was his friend. His lord. But things were... strange to say the least right now.

'You think it's really Tyrion? It could be someone trying to lure you into a trap.' Sansa told jon 

"Read the last bit." Jon requested.

"All dwarves are bastards in their father's eyes." Rieka read off and felt a wave of sorrow for Tyrion. "When you first met him," rieka recalled jon saying something along the lines when she came outside that night.

"What does that mean?'

'It's something he said to me the first night we met. You two know him better than any of us. What do you think?' Jon questioned

'Tyrion's not like the other Lannisters. He was always kind to me, but it's too great a risk.' Sansa admitted.

"Rie?" Jon questioned her lips twisted.

"I loved him once upon a time. I trust he isn't intentionally leading you into a trap Jon." Rieka remarked. "But if you keep reading..."

"The Seven Kingdoms will bleed as long as Cersei sits on the Iron Throne. Join us. Together, we can end her tyranny..." podrick read off.

"Sounds like a charmer.'  Rieka told them humorously.

'Of course, the casual mention of a Dothraki horde, a legion of Unsullied, and three dragons... a bit less charming.' Davos remarked. 'But Fire kills wights, you told me. What breathes fire?'  Davos countered.

'You're not suggesting Jon meet with her?' Sansa spat. Rieka didnt want to lose her brother not when things were finally looking good for them again.

'If the Army of the Dead makes it past the Wall, do we have enough men to fight them? If the Mad King's daughter takes the Iron Throne, she'll destroy the realm as we know it. Some of you are bannermen of House Tyrell. " Jon remarked.

"But House Tyrell is in open rebellion against the crown. With their help, the Mad King's daughter has ferried an army of savages to our shores... mindless Unsullied soldiers who will destroy your castles and your holdfasts, Dothraki heathens who will burn your villages to the ground, rape and enslave your women, and butcher your children without a second thought.' Tormund declared.

"They are not going to get anything done." Rieka remarked softly. "You want to go for a walk?" Podrick nodded as she grabbed his hand kissing his cheek. Their arms swung between them fingers interlaced. It was such a sweet and innocent gesture but it brought rieka a lot of joy and peace within the chaos.

"How is the road to knighting going?" Rieka questioned.

"Im still a long ways away." Podrick remarked.

"You are getting better." Rieka assured.

"You know what I think about?" Podrcik questioned turning her to him. He held her face in hid hands.

"Lots of things. Im sure." Rieka mused.

"When im training." He clarified.

"Ohhh," she chucked bringing her body flush to his. "What do you think ablut?"

"Protecting you. And your siblings." Podrick added. Riekas smile softened.

"You and jon are the last good men alive." Rieka decided before kissing him. Snowflakes clung to their hair and clothes a bitter coldness all around them. Yet they created enough heat between them to keep them blazing hot.