20. I Could Still Stab Him

Melisandre was looking out over the edge of the balcony when Davos approached her.

"My lady."

" Ser Davos." She answered

"Will you stay here at Castle Black?" Davos pondered.

" I will do as Jon Snow commands." The red woman corrected.

" You serve Jon Snow now?" Davos questioned.

"He's the prince that was promised."

" Forgive me, my lady, I thought that was Stannis." Davos countered skeptically. She let out a sigh as she walked away from Davos and down into the courtyard. Davos followed after her.

" What happened down there?"

"There was a battle. Stannis was defeated." She answered simply and continued to walk away, but Davos grabbed her arm to stop her.

" And Shireen? What happened to the princess?" Davos begged as Brienne approached them. 

"I saw what happened. I saw Stannis' forces defeated in the field." Brienne remarked. Davos looked to her, he hadnt met this large woman before had he?

"My lady, I'm Ser Davos Seaworth."

" We've met before. I was Kings guard to Renly Baratheon. Before Renly was assassinated with blood magic." Brienne declared before looking to the red woman a deadly glare but the red woman was unfazed. RIeka was heading on her way but Brienne in a showdown with a worthy opponent, that could stall Rieka's journey. 

"That's in the past now." Davos offered

"Yes, it's in the past. It doesn't mean I forget. Or forgive. He admitted it, you know." Brienne agreed

" Who did?" Davos countered.

"Stannis. Just before I executed him." Brienne declared before she walked away, Davos stared after her. Rieka laughed out catching up with Brienne. 

"You see how that statement was so much better than you beating his ass because he is already feeling like hell for backing a monster." Rieka remarked. 

"What are-" Brienne began but Rieka ran off. Brienne watched her run to Podrick slipping in the snow and falling into his arms. Rieka laughed out as he pulled her back to her feet slipping himself pulling them both down. 

"Oomph," Podrick's breath and dignity knocked out of him but he held to Rieka. "You alright, RIeka?" She laughed out on top of him. 

"I like this position." RIeka assured kissing him. He held tighter to her not caring that his ass was surely frozen because Rieka's smile was keeping him warm.

+

"Sorry about the food. It's not what we're known for." Edd remarked looking to Sansa as she stared down at the meat on her fork. 

"That's all right. There are more important things." Sansa assured as she took a small bite as a Night's Watchman entered the room and silently held out a scroll to Jon.

"A letter for you, Lord Commander."

"I'm not Lord Commander anymore." Jon corrected but still he held it to Jon. 

"We have a lot to catch up on.' Rieka remarked. 

"yes we do." Jon agreed, looking to Podrick and back to Rieka. 

"Don't give me that look. Don't be Robb," Rieka instructed. 

"Someone has to protect you from the hooligans." Jon countered.