39. Bad Taste In Women

"Hey, Jaime... Jaime?" Rieka questioned confused. He hugged her quickly. "What-" She looked around. "I knew she was lying." Rieka admitted. "So what are you doing here?" 

"I promised to defend the living." Jaime reminded her. 

"You risk your own head." RIeka corrected. 

"You remember when I sent you off with Brienne and POdrick." Jaime questioned as he saw dothraki approaching. 

"Of course." Rieka agreed. 

"I did it to protect you." Jaime reminded her. 

"You did." Rieka agreed. 

"When I was with your mother, her captive," he clarified. "I promised I would try and get her girls home." Jaime informed her. "I did it via proxy but you got home... I am a man of my word, I just bend the rules of that word." Jaime added. 

"I like when you bend the rules." Rieka assured. 

"You think she is going to kill me?" Jaime questioned. 

"If I were her, I would. But thats because she is of fire and blood and has no northern hospitality." Rieka mused. Jaime chuckled as he was grabbed. "I will put in a good word, but she doesnt give a damn about me. She just wants to fuck my brother." 

"Noted." Jaime agreed as he was dragged off. 

"Ser Jaime is here." Podrick remarked coming up behind her. 

"He's going to lose his head if we dont get in there." Rieka remarked. BUt she couldnt find the strength to move. 

"Rieka?" 

"I'm worried about after..." Rieka whispered. "After this war. After..." She sighed heavily her shoulders slumped, Podrick reached a hand out to her. "I dont think Daenerys will be a good queen." Rieka admitted. "I hope when this is over we dont have to make such a choice... as to choose to follow a woman like her." 

"A woman like what?" Podrick questioned resting his forehead against her. 

''When I was a child my brother would tell me a bedtime story about the man that murdered my father' Daenerys told Jaime as he stood before her. The man who stabbed him in the back and cut his throat, who sat down on the iron throne and watched as his blood poured onto the floor... he told me other stories as well about all the things we would do to that man once we took back the seven kingdoms and had him in our grasp.' Danny looked over Jaime Lannister. Standing before her, he didn't look too much like a king slayer right now. 'Your sister pledged to send her army north..."

'She did' Jaime answered

'I do not see an army I see a one handed man. It appears your sister lied to me.' Danny told him.

"A woman with no morals, no honor, a woman that only sees revenge." Rieka remarked softly. "She sees what she thinks she was deserved but not what she earned. We all suffered but she claims that throne is hers. She will burn anyone that gets in her way." Podrick nodded understanding. 

"What are you going to do?" Podrick realized she would do something. 

"Nothing yet, we have this war to win." 

 'But Cersei lied to me as well' Jaime informed her. 'She never had any intention of sending her fleet north, she now has greyjoys army and the golden company from essos. Even if we defeat the dead she will have more than enough to destroy the survivors. I swore to fight for the living and I intend to keep that promise.' Jaime told her silently pleading for his life. Jaime looked to Rieka as she quietly made her way to the front of the room beside her little brothers.