Chapter 10

Sea Of Stars.

Kaveh was awake just sitting in his bed. "time to get ready." Kaveh said to himself. He got up from the bed and put his feather in his hair, clipping his dark red hair clips in the back of his hair. Kaveh began brushing his hair and started making a braid of on the side, that was his normal hairstyle. It was simple and nice. Kaveh looked outside it was a bit dark still but it didn't hurt to get ready for the day in the dark and soon enough he ran outside and ran to the entrance of the Akademiya he saw the sunset.

"Kaveh, what are you doing here? Oh do do you want to take up my classes?" a voice arose from the background. Kaveh took a picture for some inspiration for future projects.

"ah! Madame Faurzan! I didn't see you!" Kaveh exclaimed. Faurzan twirled her bangs. "you're always such an artsy romantic, Kaveh!" Faurzan stated.

"R-ROMANTIC?! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT!?!?" Kaveh shouted.
"ugh you take that to literately and don't you know better? You don't yell at your seniors! Hmph! No sence of respect!" Faurzan said annoyed. "Ah! Sorry madame Faurzan!" Kaveh scratched his hair in embarrassment.

"Hey, what are you here for though?" Faurzan asked the architect interested for his reasoning. "oh just for some inspiration for projects." Kaveh said smiling. "hmm well, y'know if you want Inspiration just think can't you?" Faurzan said to Kaveh she was in the black house so of course she didn't understand the beauty of art like Kaveh did.

"not really I've been having a tough time for some inspiration. Kinda like... Writers block you can say!" Kaveh let out a small laugh of embarrassment.
"oh well OK! But if you really want some inspiration I suggest going to the land of contracts." Faurzan stated. "oh? How come?" Kaveh asked confused since yes they were neighboring regions the only time he went there was when he was younger. Kaveh was actually part of a group of architects that helped make the jade chamber possible.

"well you see, Lantern Rite is just near the corner and ive heard it's truly a splendid scene with all the laterns. And the festival is filled with enjoyment to!" Faurzan said recommending it to Kaveh like a salesman. "oh right!" Kaveh remembered while working on the jade chamber Lantern Rite was going to happen but, Kaveh left only a few days before the festivities began. "thats actually a good Idea! Thank you Madame Faurzan!" Kaveh ran off happily excited to tell Alhaitham his plans.

"your welcome!" Madame Faurzan said happily.
"wait a minute..." Faurzan stopped to think about what Kaveh said.

"that's actually a good idea? Wait! -"
Suddenly faurzan bursted out of her thoughts.

"HEY I ALWAYS HAVE GOOD IDEAS!" Faurzan shouted at Kaveh as she got annoyed at his ignorence.

Kaveh told alhaitham his plans. "Lantern Rite?" Alhaitham asked Kaveh thinking that was an absurd idea. "I can go with the traveler! Please!" Kaveh asked as if he was a kid pleading for candy or something dumb like that.

"I actually have been meaning to go. So I'll come we can invite Tighnari and Cyno too." Alhaitham said "I really don't want Kaveh to be alone. I know he's going with the traveler but still." Alhaitham thought.
"really?! Yay!" Kaveh exclaimed. Kaveh quickly bursted out the house running to go to Tighnari to invite him. As Kaveh ran down Sumeru city someone called his name "ah! Kaveh over here!" Kaveh turned around looking at a girl with red hair and beautiful blue eyes. "ah! Nilou! Do you need anything?" Kaveh asked. He was good friends with Nilou. "Actually Faurzan just came by and said that you're going to Lantern Rite!" Nilou said with joy giving a soft smile. "I was thinking I'm going there to since I have a plan with a performer yunjin. I could come with you. I can give you free tickets for the performance however much tickets you need for you and possible companions!" Nilou said happily expressing her joy clearly to Kaveh." of course Nilou I would love for you to come and your performances are already beautiful here in Sumeru so I would love that!" Kaveh exclaimed accepting Nilous invitation." Well gotta go!" said Kaveh dashing off. Nilou waved bye behind him as he left.

Soon enough Kaveh had told Tighnari the news who told Cyno the news. While walking back home Kaveh stopped realizing what day it was. It was already sunset since Kaveh had traveled around Sumeru. Kaveh instead of going directly home took a different way. He passed through a gate labeled GRAVE YARD

Kaveh walked over going to a grave on a hill with graves around it. He bent down looking at the writing. He placed down a Sumeru Rose with a Kalapatla flower he found while exploring Sumeru. "aren't the stars beautiful tonight father?" Kaveh said softly looking at the grave then up to see the sea of stars. Kaveh couldn't help but she's a tear even though it's been years.

"aren't the stars lovely tonight?" said a female voice behind him. "who-" Kaveh noticed who it was they had long dark blue hair with beautiful golden eyes. "Layla.?" Kaveh said curious to see the sleepy head here. "I'm sorry if I interrupted you it's just this is a great place to work." Layla said. "oh um it's OK." Kaveh said putting hand up in a patting motion signaling he wasn't mad. "Come here!" said Layla walking towards him grabbing his wrist and pulling it.

"what do you want to show me?" Kaveh asked. "look." Layla pointed downwards. Kaveh stopped looking at her and looked down he saw beautiful bright flowers down below with lotus flowers dancing in the water. Kaveh took a few more steps to the edge of the hill. "Kaveh, did you know the stars pave the way of the future? In teyvat even in the worst of times the stars will be there for you, always having a place for you in this vast universe." Layla said. Kaveh knew she was Rtwawist but what she just said was exactly what his father said once. Kaveh stared at Layla for a few moments remincing his father." I have to go!" Layla stumbled on her words." why? " Kaveh asked not wanting to be alone." because Layla will find out!" Layla said. "what..." Kaveh said confused by the response. "it's a secret! Goodnight Kaveh." Layla walked backwards facing Kaveh waving bye then turning around leaving Kaveh running back out.

Kaveh was most definitely confused but Kaveh felt a little better after his talk with Layla. Kaveh walked home feeling happy he visited his father's grave.

Words: 1131

Thx for reading this was definitely longer than most chapters idk if you guys like that or not but I really hoped you've enjoyed so far!! <3