Chapter 35

Selfish

(warning! Self-harm and mentions of death, bro if you're surprised Ima die I love angst.)

The next morning Kaveh woke up and went to his kitchen to eat some breakfast after that he decided to continue writing for fun but ended up getting writers block.

"guess I'll draw instead..."Kaveh sighed grabbing his sketch book. Kaveh began sketching in it little drawings of the palace of Alcazarzaray and
Alhaitham.

Kaveh blushed everytime he drew Alhaitham it was obvious he was in love but what else could he do? He was hopelessly in love. Kaveh also drew illustrations for his novel since he couldn't write so his sketchbook got quite full of only 1 hour and a half of drawing.

Soon enough Alhaitham arrived to his house accompanied by Collei, Tighnari, and Cyno. They all sat down having a good time, just talking.

After awhile once it was 1:45 pm, Kaveh and Tighnari decided to cook lunch. Collei had a fun time trying out the typewriter, she hated writing, it was simply perfect for her!

Alhaitham on the other hand explored Kavehs library nothing actually interested him however, since, everything was fantasy and he liked non fiction.

After a bit of cooking they decided to have a picnic outside since the day was quite nice.

"So when are you guys leaving?" Kaveh asked the 4 of them. Tighnari, Cyno, and Collei didn't understand what he meant. Alhaitham remembered they talked about it last night. Well, actually, fought about it.

"what do you mean?" asked Cyno confused on what he meant. "I mean, you guys came here for the festival so I assume you guys are going back soon." Kaveh said taking a strawberry from the bowl beside him filled with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.

"well, aren't you gonna come with us?" Tighnari asked. Alhaitham knew the answer. "no, I have work here, I just can't." Kaveh said.

"why, Kaveh? Anything else besides work? I mean, everyone misses you..!" Alhaitham never got angry but Alhaitham just wanted Kaveh back home.

"well yknow in Sumeru I was in debt.. And well it was hard in Sumeru my clients never agreed on anything with me plus, I never had a good night's sleep." Kaveh explained a little painfully remembering how sucky it was. "So what! Your debt has been cleared! You can still write! Everyone misses you! So what's the big proble-" Alhaitham was interrupted by Kaveh suddenly standing up, "BECAUSE YOU GUYS HAD TO PUT UP WITH ME! LIFE SUCKED IT TRULY DID! I WANTED TO DIE FOR THE LONGEST TIME, AND I KNOW...! I KNOW IM SELFISH FOR THAT!" Kaveh ran inside tearing up. Tighnari felt bad, all he ever wanted was his best friend back. Collei sat there in shock as Alhaitham stood up regaining his composure and walked inside the house trying to find Kaveh.

Alhaitham noticed there was light coming from Kavehs room so he went in slowly seeing Kaveh with a bloody box cutter. "Kaveh..." Alhaitham whispered.

"you think all these stupid cuts were just papercuts? I regret 'dieing' really I do, I truly miss you and I know I'm stupidly selfish, I know I'm the worst. And I know deep down inside, you're just putting up with a man who just acts like a stupid... Stupid! Child. Who hides from anything and everything!" Kaveh said crying dropping the blade to face Alhaitham.

"Kaveh please... I just want you home, I'm not putting up with you." Alhaitham explained. "I'm sorry, Im sorry I've been the worst." Kaveh apologized crying. Suddenly Alhaitham hugged him.

"what...? I don't understand..!" Kaveh cried out.

"if you'd only let me finish, this isn't putting up with you. It's called loving you." Alhaitham said. Kaveh couldn't help but break down into tears and start sobbing hugging Alhaitham back tightly wanting to dissappear for being stupid.

After a bit they stopped hugging and Alhaitham got a bandaid for Kavehs hand. Afterwards they went back to the picnic, Kaveh still felt bad but, felt better thanks to Alhaitham.

Collei, Tighnari, Cyno, and Alhaitham weren't able to convince Kaveh to come back but, Kaveh definitely ended up thinking about it.

The day after that was the day Alhaitham, Cyno, Tighnari, and Collei set sail for Sumeru.

"byee!" Kaveh shouted to Alhaitham before he left running over to the docks where Ayaka, Thoma, and Yoimiya were saying goodbye. Suddenly Kaveh ran past them towards Alhaitham, "here! read it once you get on the boat! " Kaveh exclaimed handing Alhaitham a letter.

"OK." Alhaitham said taking the letter, looking at the beautiful pinkish red seal on it displaying Inazumas signature flower, Sakura, with the Inazuman electro seal.

Once they boarded om the boat they waved goodbye Yoimiya, Kaveh, and Thoma shouting goodbye while Ayaka waved elegantly.

Once Alhaitham got on the boat and noticed Kaveh, Thoma, Ayaka, and Yoimiya began to leave, he took out the letter opening it. He began to read it and it said,

Dear Alhaitham,

By the time you have this, you'll probably be on the way home! I just wanted to remind you to visit me! If you don't I'll visit you! Oh! And, there's some Inazuman coffee beans Yea Miko gave me knowing I get exhausted a lot...! However, I decided, you might not be the acting grand sage anymore but if you ever need coffee use these! Remember that time in Sumeru, for my birthday we chose the best coffee beans to give to the traveler by taste testing them? Well, if you do! It's kinda like this!

Also... What you said about I love you, I think I've made a decision,

I love you too.

Love, Kaveh.

Alhaitham finished reading the letter feeling happy yet sad he couldn't be with Kaveh. But, they truly did have a good time.

Words: 972

IM SOOO SOORRYYYY! This took so long and it's not even that long! I've been quite busy! Hopefully you guys understand! I still hoped you enjoyed! Bbyyyeeee!! <3