Chapter 28

Funeral

Cyno and Tighnari couldn't comprehend that Kaveh has truly disappeared while Alhaitham felt bad for completely dismissing Kavehs obvious bandages and problems. Faruzan lost one of her favorite students, Layla could no longer comfort Kaveh in the radiant night sky, Nilou could no longer share her beautiful dances with Kaveh, Tighnari could no longer explore the forests of Sumeru with him, Cyno couldn't tell him the jokes he'd always work hard on and the fun TCG games they had, Collei was now not able to ask Kaveh to help her on writing, Alhaitham no longer heard the annoying sounds of his lover, but instead heard nothing but himself turning the pages of a book In quiet.

One month later.

That day people arrived in Sumeru to honor his passing. There was a funeral held near the graveyard of Kavehs father. The later it got the less people stayed. One by one people of Sumeru left. The only ones who stayed late were Layla, Faruzan, Alhaitham, Collei, Nilou, Tighnari, and Cyno. But even Tighnari acknowledged Collei needed to study so he dismissed her.

It was a tragic day filled with sorrow and agony. Tighnari and Cyno learned what happened to Kaveh through Alhaitham. For the next 2 weeks they would often come visit Kavehs grave over and over reminscing about old fun times with the golden haired, bright, cheery Architect. Cyno and Tighnari led out a search but were not able to recover anything. But of course that was to be expected since how could they really find their so called dead friend, if they weren't even dead and we're somewhere far away from Sumeru.

A month before.

Kavehs eyes blinked open as he noticed the beaming sun staring at him. He looked at his arms seeing his cuts and blood on them. He felt relaxed however since water was resting on his legs as realized he was at the edge of the river he had fallen into noticing a lotus flower nearby. Kaveh got up remembering his attempt at suicide. In the end he just fell in the river drowning however the river was able to take him to shore. Kaveh got up tired. He walked over to the lake. His head was bleeding while his clothes were ripped. At this point it was best to just start over in life. Not in Sumeru however.

For the next 2 days Kaveh hid in the forest thinking about his new home until he decided on one far away. Inazuma. Kaveh secretly went to Liyue and bought new clothes and asked Beidou if he could be taken to Inazuma. Soon enough Kaveh started working at the Yae Publishing House making light novels. No one in Inazuma knew he 'died' so there was no confusion.

A month later

Everyone still was sad because of this even though Kaveh didn't die but they didn't know that. Little did they know this would last for years.

A few years later

Alhaitham still missed Kaveh but got better at handling it with Tighnari and Cyno. "hey Master Tighnari can I check out some light novels at the Akademiya?" asked Collei. "I thought you said they were 'cringey'" said Tighnari teasing "well it's still fun! Please master?" asked Collei. "sure." Tighnari complied.

When they got to the library Alhaitham was there reading. Collei started reading the light novels as Tighnari went over to Alhaitham to say hello. "how's it going, haitham?" asked Tighnari sitting next to Alhaitham. "good." Alhaitham said turning a page. "well ya know, Collei wants to go to the Inazuma Summer festival, I know last time we went we... Well whatever cmon it'll be fun!" Tighnari said pulling Alhaitham back to reality to get ready. "fine." Alhaitham said snapping his book shut walking out of the Akademiya to go get ready.

It was going to be the first festival Alhaitham had gone to since Kavehs death. Little did he know everything would change after going there.

Words: 665

Tysm for reading!! Also we are so close to 1k reads!! Tysm for the support!! Byeeee!! <3