Pizza Box - Chapter 27

Ross' POV:

Me and Robert spent the whole afternoon playing games together, switching every now and then. We played Minecraft for a while on our laptops until we switched onto my Xbox, since I have two controllers.

We finally logged off after a round of Battleblock Theater and decided we'd make our way towards our spot to get the screen and for Robert to do his stargazing notes. We started packing our things to go and Robert practically begged me to bring my guitar again so I did. It makes me happy knowing he really enjoys my playing.

Once we had everything we needed we threw on our shoes and stepped out the house, locking the door behind me as we did. As we walked we goofed around and chatted.

"Hey I just realized something, where did you get all the money to pay for that screen?" I ask along the way. I don't know why I thought of that but I realized there's no way he had enough money to pay for that.

He looked at me and gave an awkward laugh. "Uhh, I asked Roy for help?" he answered, it sounded as if he wasn't sure about his answer. Which brought me to the conclusion that–

"You took money behind his back, didn't you?" I say with a subtle sigh.

He also sighs. "Well I did ask him first—"

"Rob! You really stole money from him?!" I say in shock, I never would've thought he would do something like that.

"What!? It's not like I'm not gonna pay him back." he affirms. "Plus, I'm sure he won't notice a few hundred bucks missing."

As shook as I was I couldn't help but laugh at his stupidity. "And you're sure about that?"

He thought about it for a bit before saying "Yes?"

We both laughed at each other and continued our walk.

About ten minutes later we arrived at the entrance of the forest. It's a good thing we left the lamps Robert got so the forest wasn't as dark. The only bad thing was that the crows were back.

"You don't have any more of that food with you, do you?" I ask as we walk inside.

"No, I used it all up yesterday. These crows are really serious about their food.." he answers. He rubbed his head as he said that, that's probably where the crows nipped at.

I opened up the bag I brought and pulled out two pairs of headphones, the ones Robert got me and the ones he let me borrow that I never gave back.

"Wanna do a group session on Spotify?" I ask as I hand him his headphones.

He smiles as he takes them from me. "Sure!"

We both put our headphones on and set up a playlist on Spotify before continuing our walk. Our tastes in music are a little different but we could always agree on rock. We held hands as we walked, which to me was like the ultimate experience. Walking and listening to music is cool but with Robert it's even better.

After a bit of walking we reached the end of the forest and saw the huge movie screen in sight. We made our way up the hill and took our headphones off before taking down the screen.

"I assume you know how to take it down?" I ask as I look up at the screen.

"Duh! Just stand back and watch me do my thing" he says with a grin as if it was a flex.

I give him a thumbs up and while he does his thing I set up a blanket on the ground for us to sit on.

Eventually after a lot of trial and error he finally got the screen down and rolled it up. It was kind of entertaining watching all his attempts.