50

Enya

"They targeted Brandi," Alonzo said lowly, he kept rewatching the CCTV video over and over again. I just took the tablet out of his hand so he wouldn't torture himself anymore. He was worst than our dad about blaming himself for things he had no control over.

I nodded my head knowing that this would happen eventually, no matter how much I deluded myself into thinking it wouldn't. Brandi was a target, she was the one who united the Americans, Italians, and Egyptians, and now with her being pregnant and back with Ryu, that meant the Japanese too. She hadn't taken over from Grandpa Brandon so until then she was fair game to anyone, which was why daddy kept such a tight leash on her until Grandpa Marco decided to retire.

No one was talking, we hadn't really said anything to each other since we got back home. The doctors were working on Mommy and Sakura still. Brandi was fine thankfully but she was still sleeping though we still had no word on baby Angelo. Aljuda was mostly talking to the doctor as far as the Angelo goes but we still hadn't heard anything.

"We should go talk to Geneva once things calm down," I said to Alonzo

"Good idea."

"You should go check on Auntie," I said

He shook his head "We don't know anything and all she'll want is answers"

"Daddy?"

"Hmm?" He shook his head out of the daze he was in and looked at me "Are you okay piccolo?"

I didn't say anything and just gave him a tight hug "Everything's going to be fine"

He sniffled while chuckling "I know it will" his phone started ringing and he looked down at it, I didn't realize his hands were still bloody making me look at mine. My mom's dried blood was on our hands and it made me want to throw up. "They're still working on them" Right when my dad said that the doctors came out making the family stand up "I'll send a car for you when you land, the doctors just came out." He hung up the phone.

We walked over to the doctor and my Aljuda and Uncle Saif came over with us. The doctor looked nervous which made me look at Alonzo "Where's Kenji and Ryu?"

"Ryu is downstairs with Eziō, Brandon, and Laila"

"How many did they get?"

"2 died we got the other 3"

Ryu and Kenji came up making me and Alonzo looked at them. Ryu eyes looked blank, he was covered in blood and Kenji just looked exhausted "They just came out" I said

"How are they?" I asked nervously

The doctor looked between my dad and Kenji "Mrs.Taichi is sedated and doing well, we want to keep an eye on her leg to make sure it doesn't get infected, she lost a lot of blood."

Kenji let out a deep breath and then looked at Ryu who looked like he was still out of it "And Brandi?"

"She's fine" My dad's shoulders relaxed and we all let out a collective sigh of relief "She's awake and medicated"

I looked at Aljuda who was looking at my dad, he looked back at the doctor "And the baby?"

My dad almost broke his neck looked at my Aljuda and so did my uncle Saif "B-Baby, what baby?" He looked at Ryu who snapped out of whatever daze he was in and moved behind Kenji.

"The baby is fine too, she just received an ultrasound and luckily the bullets didn't hit the baby. He's doing well"

"What baby?" My dad said chuckling "Brandi isn't-" He smiled "No"