53

Enya

My auntie Tina walked up to us and gave us both hugs "I'm sorry I didn't see you two when I came in. Aurora was waking up right when we walked into the door"

"It's okay Auntie" I shook my head hugging her head. "I'm just glad you made it here"

"And I'm not leaving until we kill the bitch who did this," she said angrily with her eyes tearing up. She looked at Brandi then her stomach and scoffed, she looked up wiping her eyes "Those bastards hurt my babies" She hugged Brandi again and Brandi looked like she wanted to cry.

I looked at my mom who was already looking over at us. Brandi got her stubbornness and pride from our mother. My mom looked scared and exhausted but she put a smile on her face and was sitting up the best she could and was giving everyone her best.

"You scared me, girl." My grandpa Marco said, "Don't do that again."

"I see the decorations you hung up" She smiled at the hole he punched in the wall. "I also heard you cried" my mom smiled at him "I love you too Dad"

"Yeah yeah I love you more" he leaned down kissing her head shocking everyone in the room. My grandpa Brandon smiled proudly and patted her leg.

My Aljuda was just staring at her. He must've noticed that she wasn't up to all the visitation because he stood up with my uncle Saif "Tina?"

My auntie jumped and turned around looking at him "Yes Babu?"

"Why don't you come with me? I could use your brain to help us with a few things. I need another smart woman"

Her eyes widened and she nodded her head "Of course Babu"

"Marco you can come too" he went over hugging my mom again "We'll be back later"

"Okay" she nodded her head

"Come on Laila we should go help too," my grandpa said standing up.

My grandma got up grabbed my grandpa's hand then kissed my mom's head "We'll be back"

Our grandparents walked out and I looked at my mom and dad "Do you want us to leave too?"

"No not at all" She shook her head then looked at my dad "Where's Alonzo?"

"We sent him to get some rest. He's been working since everything happened" I said

"Ugh he never knows when to stop" She looked at my dad "I blame you"

"I'm sorry my love" he smiled at her.

"Baby I want to see Maliyah and August," she said looking over at the incubator. "Now that everyone's out of the room"

I bit my lip realizing no one had told her about August yet. I looked down at Brandi who was already tearing up and so was I.

My dad looked at the incubator then my mom. He grabbed her hand kissing it "My love" he sighed "A-August-"

My mom looked over at us and then looked at the incubator. She started tearing up then crying "No, no, no, no!" She started crying harder and my dad stood up hugging her "I didn't mean to-"

"It's not your fault my love," my dad said "This did not happen because of you"

"Matteo" she grabbed my dad's shirt crying and screaming.

I grabbed Brandi taking her out of the room and back to hers. She kept sniffling and wiping her face. I got her to her room and helped her back into her bed then sat next to her.

"You know what Mom said to me?"

I looked at her and her face was puffy and red, she had started crying again and I reached over wiping her tears away "What did she say?"