54

Enya

I watched the nurses wheel my baby sister out and heard my mom wailing uncontrollably in her room. I leaned back against the wall trying to figure out what the hell just happened. We were getting hit nonstop and everything was just happening so quickly.

"She was fine" My auntie mumbled "Why did she-" My auntie covered her mouth and started crying.

"We've got to find him" I looked at my brother and he just nodded his head.

His eyes were red, and he wiped his face "Yeah, we do"

Ryu and Brandi came out of her room while he pushed her down the hall "What happened? Why is mommy crying?"

"Maliyah-Maliyah passed away" Alonzo choked out and my auntie held his hand, he grabbed her pulling her into a hug and she just held onto him.

I started crying again and Brandi started crying too "I uh, I need to get out for a while," I said standing up.

The rest of the family came rushing in and my grandpa Marco looked at my mom's door "What happened? Why is she crying like that-" He stopped looking at the four of us "Shit!" He turned around punching the wall. "Shit!"

"Let me take you back to your room, I don't want you stressing out even more," Ryu said and Brandi nodded. My Uncle Saif looked hesitant but went ahead with Brandi and Ryu back to her room.

"We uh, we can take them to Egypt. Put them with Angela and my mother" My Aljuda said lowly almost like he was talking to himself.

I nodded my head walking away when Marco grabbed my arm "Enya-"

"Hey" I smiled at him and he sighed "I-I just wanted to tell you I had a lot of fun with you yesterday, maybe we can do it again you know?" I started to walk away again but he pulled me back and pulled me into a hug making me cry "Why is this happening to us?"

I sighed pulling into the parking lot of the grocery store, I cut the car off and just sat there. It was almost nighttime and my brain was just slowly shutting down. Even though I was there for everything that happened my brain was still processing it. I felt like it was working overtime with everything that was going on.

My phone started ringing and I looked at it seeing Brandi was calling "Yeah?"

"I heard you left, you headed back to Japan?"

"No, I'm at that grocery store you used to still candy from for no reason"

"Ugh, I just didn't want Daddy's card touching that reader. It was so dirty"

I leaned my head back chuckling "You want anything? I promise I'll pay cash, I don't know if you're having any cravings or anything"

"I could go for some olives? We could pour some out for August and Maliyah"

"You are such a dork" I laughed "How's mom anyway?"

"She kicked everybody out and only asked for Grandpa Marco and you"

"What? Why didn't anyone call me?"

"We were going too but she said it was fine until you came back. Moms-" Brandi sighed "Moms asking for war and Grandpa's going to give it to her. She knows you and Grandpa can make it look pretty. He came out of her room ordering the family around, even Aljuda. He looked impressed" she chuckled "He went back into her room and's been sending updates through auntie Tina."

"He's the one we call on when we don't feel like going the Grandpa Brandon route" I chuckled

"Speaking of Grandpa Brandon. He got a location on Arturo. The Samoans are flying in to help us take him in. Word around the street is that him and his son have been fighting for the capo spot."