With My Spirit - Chapter 26

Lorenzo was yelling at Sewela asking why Jude was there and what's her deal, she admitted to not noticing her while they were driving to their next destination which was an hour away from town, they had drugs with them just in case their victim woken up but it was clear from the overdose that she won't be waking up any time soon. It was comforting for them to see her still breathing.

Sewela took a peak at the rearview mirror and noticed a car speeding behind them, it got awfully close to them and bumped them a little bit causing the car to jerk forward. It became obvious that Jude was behind them and she was going to make this hard for them, Jude tried to overtake them but Lorenzo stepped on the gas peddle trying to create a distance between them but it was no use.

Jude was good at speed racing, it was one of her hobbies and she would always go drifting or speed racing every Sundays to polish her skills. She didn't want to bump into them too much, a major accident wasn't needed right now especially when the only mode of transportation you have is the one car you are driving. She turned on her car lights to the maximum brightness trying to blind them, every second she turns them on they would slow down not wanting to drift off or crash since their view would be hindered by Jude's car.
Jude was trying to come with a strategy of how she will corner them while playing with the lights.

Lorenzo kept yelling at Sewela telling her he can't see whenever the brights would be on, he was getting agitated since driving in the dark wasn't his strong suit. Sewela was not helping by telling him to keep driving, the road was just straight with no pothole, curves or traffic lights. It was night time and there was no sight of any car driving the opposite direction so both cars kept swerving from left to right.

Sewela kept turning back trying to see what Jude is doing, she needed to do her calculations in order to throw Jude off track, Sewela quickly remembered that there is a river 20 km from here, she told Lorenzo that they need to swerve Jude into the river to get free. Lorenzo stepped on it speeding up and Jude started flickering her lights trying to distract them. Jude also stepped on the gas knowing exactly what they were planning, she waited until they were finally at a suitable distance and was well aware of the river ahead while flickering her lights. She won't fall for their plan.

In a slipt second both cars felt a huge impact and it was lights out.

*Laurie Anderson - Born Never Asked*
Download Mp3