With My Spirit - Chapter 5

Landrick instantly cut his work short, he was filled with anger and he didn’t know what to do to handle it. His demons were trying to dominate his human side but he had to implement control or else blood would be spilled, having to manage five powerful demons which all have different needs was tricky especially having to be the king of the dark world. His seat was hot and making mistakes would cost him everything he has worked for. This was an error not to be made. He called his personal assistant to cancel all his work so he can get a move and deal with his emotions, things didn’t go as planned as he saw himself sitting at the café with Lomwe, they had to discuss the plans of the announcement party because people were starting to notice that the newly engaged fellow was wearing a ring on his finger. Lomwe felt it was fair for him to also wear a ring so it can be obvious about his new status.

Landrick wasn’t feeling so well because his demonic being was suffering, having to control the high emotions frustrates his entities because that is a sign of weakness and any rival can capitalise on that when they see him, energy feels energy. His thoughts were disturbed when Lomwe started off about the plans.

Lomwe: Dricky, I thought we could make a simple photo invitation using his and hers rings as the background, the colour of the invitation should be royal blue and gold with black writing obviously but the style should be in cursive. Not much information needs to be written because we don’t want to give away as to who are the soon to be newlyweds. This might be a shocker bro, but we have decided that we want to get married in three months, we want to relocate to another country and it’s only fair that my friends and family get to be a part of the wedding before we set off to her home town.

Lomwe: Dricky? Dricky?

Landrick was so far in his thoughts he didn’t even pay attention to his friend, hearing the name Dricky created a slight confusion between him and his main demon because he named it Dricky, his own nickname. The reason for that was because he would often talk to his demon and people would see him questioning why he is having a conversation with himself, ‘’because I can’’ was his usual answer but the Dricky name would create less suspicions.

Landrick: Sorry bro, I was caught up in my own thoughts, so yeah whatever floats your boat. I’ll just say Landrick and Lomwe are hosting a surprise announcement party, that way it cause suspense as to who wants to make the big announcement.

Lomwe: You didn’t hear the last part?

Landrick: What do you mean, it’s a wedding invitation.

Lomwe: The getting married in three months, relocating to her hometown?

Landrick: *big smile* you are leaving after three months? Say it again.
Lomwe just laughed and said “you heard me bro”.

Landrick: Bro, you just keep being my day maker, mood changer and all of that positive vibe bringer. Every time I’m out of it you just bring good news and change everything for me.

Lomwe: What do you mean? Lately you have been acting funny. You seem to be bothered about something.
Landrick: Maybe I should open up to you about this, I mean you are leaving soon but I need you to keep it to yourself. Obviously that won’t be hard for you Mr Secret. * He takes a sip of his cappuccino*. I’m in love with Bambi and she isn’t having any of it, I try to show her all the love and attention but instead her eyes are somewhere else but trust me when I say this, she loves me bro. she just can’t see it and its driving her nuts because all of her energy is going somewhere else. She’s draining herself when she can have me because I’m all for her. I have never ever wanted a woman like I want her but still she gives me nothing.

Lomwe: Why don’t you ask her to be your plus one at the wedding, keep her close and maybe the wedding vibes will get to her.

Landrick: I have been courting her for more than a year bro, a wedding won’t help. I need something better.

Just before he could carry on, Lomwe received a call from his future wife needing him to come over to the wedding venue as soon as possible. Just as they parted ways Landrick just couldn’t keep to himself. He needed to celebrate and he knew how to do that. To the Catacombs.

Landrick got to his house ignoring Jude and whatever she wanted to say about his father and stepmother, he carried for no one and everything his dad owned he called his own. He took care of everything because they are never here, part of the “take care” included his stepsister Jude. As soon as he got to his own bedroom he headed straight for the walk in closet and opened the secret door that lead to his sanctuary. The sanctuary was dim with no windows, he had a huge picture of himself on the wall, and there was a desk at the corner of the room that had gold bars and diamonds packed. A few steps away was a patch on shelve on the wall that had red and black candles that were always lit up, right in the middle of the room was a structured beams that were low enough for any average size human to climb, the beams where holding a black shiny coffin with diamonds on each side, the top of the coffin was made out of glass. The ceiling had scriptures that were written in another language but along the pattern of scriptures you could spot the famous name Dricky being part of it, it looked like some kind of historic article written in praise of the man who owns the sanctuary and its great demon being. Landrick took his clothes off neatly folded them and placed them on the chair that sit oddly out of the place. He stepped on the platform close to the coffin, opened it and entered in. He laid down closing the glass door carefully, while he was inside he uttered some words in an unknown ancient language, anyone with common sense could tell that he was saying some and as soon as he was done, there stood clones of himself outside the coffin. Five clones each standing at the own spot and they slowly transformed into disfigured being with yellow, red and even violet eyes. It was a scary site but for him he knew he was protected, Landrick’s started changing, looking so scaly with pure black eyes, he then passed out the moment the room turned super cold with mist all over while the demonic beings walked closer to the coffin. Just then a huge python snake was place on top of the glass coffin as if it should guard him while he is gone. Landrick felt like he was having an out of body experience as he was entering a whirlpool into another world.

He then opened his eyes and saw himself at the river bank just a few steps from the waterfall, he wasn’t the only one around there, people where around as others entered in the waters while others were making there exist. It was night time and while normal people slept they couldn’t see the horror that happens right under their nose. This world was different, it was dark and dangerous and only the toughest and heartless will survive. Landrick walked into the water as if nothing is holding him down and he just entered a path that lead to a whole new unknown world.

He was home, the king has arrived.