3: Henry+Alex ⚠️⚠️

•Title: "Leaked"

•Requester:

•Warnings: Self harm

•Inspiration: I don't know

•Type: angst

A/N: I hope you enjoy!!! Also, this will be written as a flashback type thing in the beginning.

_____ _____ _____

Alex and Henry both lay in their beds. It is ten at night for Alex, three in the morning for Henry. Alex is laying on his back with his right leg bent at the knee, his ankle under his left knee. His right arm is bent behind his head while his left arm is draped over his stomach. His phone is laying on his chest, the call on speaker. Henry is in the same position but his phone is on the table next to his bed.

"So, I've told you about Bea's first night of rehab-something nobody except us knows. What's something nobody knows about you?"

"I don't know, really. My family pretty uch knows everything about me," Alex responds.

"Okay, then what's something very few people know about you?"

"I have anxiety and depression," Alex blurts before he can stop himself, "it's gotten bad at times in the past. Really bad."

"What does 'really bad' mean?" Henry asks with concern evident in his tone.

"When my parents got divorced, it sparked it, almost. The sudden change in my life threw me off balance. It's like I was flung from a cloud and I was falling down with a parachute that wouldn't open," Alex starts, "I was having panic attacks almost daily. It was always worse when elections came around. Also, anytime politics comes up between my parents."

Henry sighs as realization hits him, "Christmas Eve."

"Yeah, Christmas Eve," Alex starts, "my depression got really bad a few years before the election in 2016."

"How?"

What Alex says next is gibberish to Henry as the first son mumbled it.

"What was that?"

"I stopped caring. Not about life itself, but about my life. Those articles from then that are titled 'Politician's Wild boy' and things like that? That's the truth," Alex says.

Henry thinks for a moment and Alex hears shuffling as the prince grabs his phone and sits upright, "Alex- I remember an article from that time. It said you were hospitalized."

Alex sighs sadly, "yeah, I was. for around a month or so."

Henry blinks away tears threatening to fall, "the article said it was a sui-"

"It was."

"Oh."

"Yeah, before then, I had been cutting nearly every day for the previous year," Alex says.

"Do you sti-"

"No, not in a while," Alex responds.

"How long?"

"Christmastime was the last time," Alex says, his voice quiet.

"On Christmas Eve?"

"Yeah," Alex says softly, "I got mad at myself for losing my composure on my parents."

"Oh, Alex," Henry says softly, his voice caring.