32: Henry+Alex

•Title: "Overthinking"

•Requester: kaikira0

•Warnings: talk of adultery

•Inspiration: the request

•Type: angst

A/N: I hope you enjoy this. It's been forever since I've written in this.

_____ _____ _____

"I don't care, Henry!" Alex exclaims towards his laptop, where a video call with the prince is.

"Alex, I am not cheating on you! The very thought of that is absurd!" Henry responds.

"We're done, Henry," Alex says before slamming the laptop shut.

He gets a small break before June walks into the bedroom, "hey," she says softly.

"I'm fine," Alex says, not even looking over at his sister.

"Do you want to talk about it?" June questions.

"Nope."

"Alex, you know it's not good to bottle things up," June responds.

Alex sighs and opens his laptop again, opening up a link. On the page is a collection of beach photos of Henry and his latest girl, "there."

"Alex, henry has to pretend to be straight. You know that," June says.

"He's not pretending! Look at how he looks at her!"

"Alex, it's henry. He loves you," June says, trying to talk some sense into her little brother.

"He obviously loves her more."

"Alex-."

"June, just leave me alone," Alex says, "please."

"Alright," June says before leaving the room.

Alex once again closes his laptop and stands up. He runs a hand down his face in a distressed manner and falls back onto his bed. As he stares up at the ceiling, tears fall out of his eyes.

+ + + + +

HRH: Alex, please believe me. I didn't cheat on you. Kelsey and I didn't even kiss.

HRH: Alex, please. This can't be how we end.

Nora: Alex, are you okay?

Nora: Alex???

June: Okay, you haven't left your bed in days.

June: I can smell you from my bed. Please, for my sake, take a shower.

Zahra: Don't forget, at the end of the month you're required to attend the banquet.

Zahra: Break up or not, you have to be cordial with Prince Henry.

Bea: He didn't cheat, Alex. Please, believe that

+ + + + +

"Alex, come on," June says as her and Nora sit on either side of the bed.

"You have to start getting ready," Nora says as she pulls the blanket off of Alex.

With a groan, the first son gets out of his bed. It's been a month since the break up, and a week since his last shower. He walks into his adjoining bathroom and turns on the shower. He climbs in and lets the hot water run over his muscles.

+ + + + +

"I messed up," Alex says as he walks out of the bathroom in a fresh pair of boxers.

"Oh God. What could you have possibly done?" Nora questions anxiously.

"I don't think Henry cheated," Alex says, tears in his eyes.

"No," Nora and June both feign shock.

"Guys! What the fuck am I supposed to do? I fucked up the best relationship I've ever been in," Alex begins to pace back and forth.

"First of all, rude," Nora says, "second, take a breath. Start by apologizing. In all honesty, one look at you and he'll be sympathetic."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You've lost like thirty pounds, Alex. You didn't exactly have the weight to lose.

+ + + + +

Alex is wringing his hands as he stands next to June. He is chewing on the inside of his cheek as his eyes fixate on the door. After waiting for what feels like forever, Alex spots the blonde hair as Henry enters the room. Bouncing on the balls of his feet, Alex watches as the prince greets Ellen and meets the first son's eyes. When they make eye contact, Henry takes a visible deep breath. The prince makes his way over to the first siblings. He shakes June's hand with a smile before turning towards Alex.

"Can we talk?" Henry and Alex say at the same time.

"Yeah," they both say, laughing softly.

Alex leads Henry through the room and they sneak into the red room. The door shuts and Alex scratches the back of his neck awkwardly while Henry pulls on his fingers.

"You look good," Alex says nervously.

"Thanks," Henry responds, "you do too."

"I'm sorry," Alex starts, "I know that you didn't cheat on me. I was overthinking. I can't believe how stupid I was. Henry, I am so sorry," Alex starts to ramble.

Henry takes a step forward and cups Alex's face with his hands, "breathe, Alex."

"I love the way you say my name," Alex mutters.

"And I love you," henry says smoothly.

"I love you," Alex responds before connecting their lips in a passionate kiss.

Reliving their first heavy make-out session, they leave the red room with messy hair once again. Seeing the two of them, June smiles brightly and gives Nora-who is standing across the room with her family-a thumbs up.

_____ _____ _____

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this! I'm sorry it's short.