13: Henry+Alex

•Title: "Rumors"

•Requester: Bella 250202

•Warnings: cheating, heavy drinking, etc

•Inspiration: the request.

•Type: angst

A/N: I hope you enjoy. The request was a lot different, but I decided to change it.

_____ _____ _____

Alex's ears are ringing. His stomach is doing flips, but not in the cutesy lovestruck way it usually does when he sees a photo of Henry. These flips are of anger, hurt, betrayal, and more.

"Alex," the first son ignores his sister's voice and storms away, clutching the magazine in his hand.

He reaches his room and throws the item across the room. He can hear his phone ring, so he fishes it from his pocket.

Henry

Alex lets out a small, reserved, smile as he remembers the night he changed the name in his phone.

+ + + + +

Ten months ago

Alex and Henry sit on the couch of the hotel suite. Bake off is playing on the television, illuminating the darkened room. Alex is holding his phone, a group Facetime call with Percy, June, and Nora active on it.

"The two of you are nauseating," Nora says when henry leans over to place a kiss on Alex's lips.

"You're just jealous," Alex beams, a bright smile on his face.

"Right, I'm jealous of your relationship when you have him in your phone as HRH Prince Dickhead with the poop emoji."

Henry gasps, "I beg your pardon!"

"I did it before we started dating-before we even kissed!"

"And you never changed it?" Henry questions.

"Told you he wouldn't find it 'cute'," Nora says, getting flipped off by Alex before he ends the call.

"Hen, I'll change it. Right now," Alex says as he clicks on Henry's contact.

"Thank you," Henry says as he pulls Alex into a gentle kiss.

+ + + + +

The smile leaves Alex's face when the memory ends. He declines the call, not wanting to hear any excuses. So much seems to have changed in just a split second. In another fit of anger, Alex throws his phone onto his bed, watching the device bounce before landing next to the pillow. He lets out a loud, frustrated, groan as the phone begins to ring again.

Alex rips his jacket off. It's covered in sweat from the jog he was just on, making a quiet thud sound against the wall as he angrily throws it.

June and Nora come into the room, sharing a look as they see Alex, "okay, no. We're not doing this."

"Doing what, June?"

"Spiraling," the older sister responds.

"What should I be doing, then? My boyfriend-the love of my life-is all over People magazine with a different guy. Should I be out at a bar? At a rage room? Tell me, June, what the fuck should I be doing!?"

Nora's phone rings now. She pulls it from her pocket and shows Alex that the prince is calling her.

"Decline it. I don't want to hear his voice," Alex says, "better yet, give it to me."

"Alex, no."

Alex grabs the phone and answers the call, "what do you want, your royal highness?"

"Alex, please, let me just ex-"

Alex ends the call.

+ + + + +

It's been two weeks. 14 nights of Alex drinking until the room is spinning. 14 nights of him only falling asleep when his body and mind just can't function anymore. Two weeks of everyone having to practically force feed him, though it never stays down.

It only took a few days before Henry stopped trying to get ahold of Alex. At least that's what Alex thinks. In reality, he blocked the prince when he was drunk. Henry keeps calling June and Nora, though.

He's now at a bar, as always. He knows Cash is standing at the door, watching him intently out of concern. He's lost track of how many drinks he's had. His body is against someone else's as he dances, their bodies move in sync. He's not a complete idiot, though. He's wearing a disguise so that he doesn't end up on the cover of tabloids-again.

As the song ends, Alex stumbles towards the bar. His movements get slower-weaker-as he makes his way across the room. Cash notices this and begins to move towards the first son. Due to the crowd, by the time Cash reaches Alex, the man is on the ground, unconscious. Cash drops to his knees and checks for a pulse, sighing in relief as he calls for an ambulance, keeping a hold of Alex's hand.

"I've got you, kid. I've got you."

_____ _____ _____

A/N: Hope you enjoyed!!!