Another sappy and gracious A/N

Two weeks ago I wrote how shocked I am for having 6k reads. I somehow have over 20k now and I'm in absolute shock. I love Alex and Henry with my whole heart and love writing them. I just finished my second read of the book (I literally never reread books) and my 20th time watching the movie. I am so so so so grateful for all of you. Thank you.. Seriously. Words can't express my shock. Also, here are some differences between the book and movie-what we should have seen.

_____ _____ _____

1) Rafael Luna's character

Rafael Luna is an openly gay senator that is a close family friend of the Claremont-Diaz clan. Alex looks up to him completely. Rafael is who Alex wants to be when he begins his political career. At one point, it is revealed that Luna joined Richards' campaign. Alex felt absolutely and utterly betrayed by this action. Absolutely ruined.

2) Henry's real reason for showing up at the hotel.

This happens right after Rafael's betrayal hits the news. Henry saw this and knew that Alex would be upset. Alex is drunk at the bar with Cash-another member of the Secret Service-when Henry shows up.

3) June

Alex's sister.

4)The divorced parents

Yes, Oscar and Ellen are actually divorced in the book. They get into a political argument at the dinner table on Christmas Eve, prompting one of the first times Alex opens up to Henry when he calls the prince.

5) Henry and June pretending to date while Nora and Alex do the same.

After photos are released of them in the hotel, it is decided that they will pretend to date women. Henry hates this and June brings Alex along for a photo op. When Henry gets into the car with Alex, he is bordering a panic attack. The two kiss but are seen through the windshield. That's what starts the outing.

6) Richards, Ellen's presidential campaign opponent, being the one to out Alex and Henry.

7) Alex's anxiety.

He has anxiety throughout the book, but when he's outed, he actually shows it a lot more. He was the one who needed Henry, not the other way around.

8) Rafael Luna's redemption.

He exposes Richards!!!

9) Alex's self harm tendencies

He actually runs until he has blisters. He paces until his shoes are soaked with his blood. Like this man is openly self harming when he's anxious.

10) Ellen isn't THAT great of a mom...

When Alex comes out, she says that this relationship (in this order) can ruin his future career, can ruin his life, and MOST IMPORTANTLY (yeah. She actually says that) negatively impact her campaign.

Who the FUCK puts their campaign over their child's happiness?

11) Catherine, Henry's mother, comes out of a years long depression to defend Henry. She actually threatens to overthrow the queen.

Icon

12) Percy's nicknames

We were seriously robbed of Pez, Pezza, and Auntie Pezza.

13) Philip is A LOT worse in the book.

14) Bea's past

We were seriously robbed of the powder princess story. I love that storyline because it shows Henry as a protective little brother and I love it.

15) Liam

Liam is an old high school friend of Alex's. They hooked up and when Alex starts questioning his sexuality (he never thought that was fruity), he calls Liam. Liam acts like a dick but makes up for it by showing up on election night.

_____ _____ _____

Okay, these are all off the top of my head. I highly recommend reading the book.