26: Henry+Alex

•Title: "Rage"

•Requester:

•Warnings: slight violence

•Inspiration: I actually wish we saw confrontation

•Type: angsty

A/N: I wrote this based off the movie (I know, rare). In the book, Miguel doesn't exist, but I mean..

_____ _____ _____

Alex enters a coffee shop just around the corner from the White House. His eyes land on a certain man from his past across the mostly empty shop, rolling his eyes. He quickly spins on his heel and moves to leave.

"Alex!"

The first son rolls his eyes and continues walking out the door. He can hear footsteps behind him and tries to ignore them. Unfortunately, he feels a hand grip his shoulder and spin him around.

"What do you want, Miguel?" Alex questions, not even trying to act polite.

"I wanted to get a quote from you on your mother's ele-"

"No."

"No?"

"Yeah, no. Why do you think I would ever, for any reason, want to speak to you?" Alex asks.

Miguel lets out a nervous chuckle, "w-what are you talking about?"

"I mean that you were the one who leaked my private emails," Alex responds.

"Wha-"

"Don't deny it, Miguel. I know it was you."

"No, Alex, it wasn't."

"It was. You wrote your article way too soon after the leak," Alex responds.

"Alex, let me at least expl-"

"Sure, what could have possibly made you do that to me? To Henry? How could you out a queer couple? You know what it's like to be gay in a homophobic world, Miguel! You know the fear that so many people have about being found out. How could you do that?"

"I was jealous!" Miguel exclaims, "I saw the prince show up at the DNC and you were so rude to me and I saw how you looked at him and touched his arm. I got jealous, okay?"

Alex laughs, loudly, "you got jealous? You nearly ruined my life-Henry's life-because you were jealous? Are you fucking kidding me right now?"

"Okay, I'm not exactly proud of my reasons, but did you really think it would stay a secret forever?"

"No, Miguel, we didn't. We thought-we hoped-that we'd be able to come out on our own time. When we were ready. Guess you took that from us."

"Alex-"

"It was our choice, Miguel! That's supposed to be our thing! Who knows and when they know. That is supposed to be up to us! Not your jealousy. What? Did you expect us to break up and I'd come running to you and we'd ride off into the sunset on a unicorn!?" Alex screams, his body trembling with rage.

"I thought you'd see how complicated your relationship really was! I thought you'd realize how much better I am for you!"

Alex learned from a young age that violence is never the answer. In fact, he despises violence with a passion. However, in this moment, this split second, he frgets that. He clenches his fist and swings it, connecting with Miguel's jaw. Alex winces as he shakes his hand, the beginning stages of bruising on his knuckles. He looks at Miguel, clutching his face, and smiles. He turns on his heel and walks away. This time, Miguel knows more than to follow him.

+ + + + +

"Hey, Sweetheart," Henry says as the video call connects.

"Hey," Alex responds, a cold pack on his knuckles.

"What happened to your hand?" Henry asks in concern.

"Oh, nothing," Alex said, "I just punched someone."

"You what!?" Henry exclaims, sitting up straight in his bed, "who?"

"Miguel Ramos," Alex says softly.

"A journalist!?" Henry exclaims before the realization hits him, "the one who outed us?"

"That's the one," Alex says, a smile finding its way to his face remembering the feeling of his fist connecting with Miguel's jaw.

"Alex," Henry's voice trailed off, "you know how bad this can get, right?"

"Yeah, but my mom's team is already preparing a defense strategy," Alex responds, "it was worth it."

"As much as I hate violence, well done. We'll celebrate when you get here tomorrow," Henry says.

"It's crazy that even though you're in the states, I still miss you so much as if you're an ocean away."

"I know, but you had to help your mom out this week. You'll be home soon."

+ + + + +

The news of Alex's 'assault' on Miguel hit the news while he slept. By the time he reached the private airstrip in New York, paparazzi was surrounding him.

"How do you explain your actions while you were in DC?"

"Was this a hate crime for Miguel's publicly known sexuality?"

"Was this an act of hate against the media?"

"No comment," Alex says, even though he very badly wanted to comment.

By the time he reaches the home he shares with Henry, he wants to scream. When he enters the home, he throws his jacket as he takes it off across the room.

"Are you alright?" Henry asks.

"They want to know if it was a hate crime. I mean, I hate him but it wasn't a hate crime. They're ridiculous with his theories," Alex says.

"C'mere," Henry opens his arms.

Alex smiles and walks into Henry's embrace, "God, I missed you."

"And I you."

_____ _____ _____

A/N: Okay so another one written in a few minutes. I hope you enjoyed.