Chapter 46: School Is More Important Than Dreams

<Frankie's POV>

I woke up to an empty bed. Shit. I hope my mum and dad didn't see Luke. They still hate him. I still can't hang out with him but they've gotten a bit better. I walked downstairs and saw my mum and dad sitting at the table. I sat on the island and looked at them.

"Guys? I uh... I have to ask you something." I said, nervous as ever.

"Anything honey." My mum said as she stood up to wash the plates they had been using.

"So, my record label got us a tour with All Time Low. It would be for 10 months. Also it starts in two months." I explained.

"And your question?" My dad asked.

"Can I go on tour?" I asked urgently.

"No." Was all my dad said.

"What!?" I protested.

"School starts in two weeks. You are going to go to school and then go collage. This music thing won't last forever. You need to get a forever job." He said.

"Wow. So you couldn't care less about my hopes and dreams? Thanks a fucking lot dad. Oh! And by the way, I had enough credits to graduate last year." I spat as I walked up stairs, ignoring my dad's constant calls. I walked into my room and locked the door. I grabbed my guitar and started strumming one of my original songs. That is, until there was a knock at my door.

"Go away!" I yelled.

"Honey? It's me." My mum said. I sighed and opened the door.

"What? Did you come here to yell at me also? Tell me I'm not good enough to actually become someone?" I questioned.

"Actually I want you to go on tour. I want you to follow your dreams." She smiled.

"Well that's surprising." I scoffed.

"What?" She asked.

"My whole life you guys cared about nothing I wanted. You only cared about me becoming this perfect daughter that marries the perfect guy and has the perfect children and a perfect life. But you see, I don't want any of that. I want to be famous. I want to help people with music the way music helped me. I don't want a dumb desk job. I want to be someone!" I explained.

"I'm gonna go talk to your father. I'll see you later baby." She said as she walked out. I heard faint taps at my window right as the footsteps of my mother died down. I walked over to the window and saw Luke standing there. I smiled and motioned for him to wait. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was around 1 right now. I quickly got changed into something presentable and opened my window. I snatched my wallet from my desk and started climbing out the window. I slid down the roof and landed on the grass next to Luke.

"Hey babe." He said as he kissed my cheek.

"Hey!" I smiled. Luke immediately intertwined put fingers and we started walking. I couldn't care less if my parents freak about me being gone.

"How 'bout we go on a date?" Luke asked. I smiled.

"Ya. We really haven't been on one huh?" I asked. He nodded.

"So where are we going?" I questioned. He only shrugged and started running, pulling me close behind.

•••••••

Hey guys!

I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry it took so long. There were complications about what to write. I love you guys and I can't believe we are at 1.13k reads! That's amazing! Thank you so much for the support.

Bye!

Jessie