Chapter 29: Bad Influence

<Frankie's POV>

I've been in my room trying to teach myself 'She Looks So Perfect'. Remember how Luke had a YouTube? Well, he had me make one too. I've been doing covers for... since I came down here pretty much. Finally, I finished. It was pretty easy to memorize, or is it just me? I set up my tripod and started the recording.

"Hi! So, um, I don't know if you guys have heard this song yet... but I'm going to be doing a cover of 'She Looks So Perfect' by 5 Seconds Of Summer." I took a deep breath and mumbled, "Here we go." I started strumming the music.

Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey

Simmer down, simmer down
They say we're too young now to amount to anything else
But look around
We work too damn hard for this just to give it up now
If you don't swim, you'll drown
But don't move, honey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey!)

Hey, hey!
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey

Let's get out, let's get out
'Cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down
While I was out, I found myself alone just thinking
If I showed up with a plane ticket
And a shiny diamond ring with your name on it
Would you wanna run away too?
'Cause all I really want is you

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
I made a mixtape straight out of '94
I've got your ripped skinny jeans lying on the floor
And I know now, that I'm so down

Hey, hey!
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down

Hey, hey!
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey)
Your lipstick stain is a work of art (hey, hey)
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart (hey, hey)
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey, hey)

Hey

I stopped strumming and looks at the camera. I smiled and covered the lens with my hand and turned it off. I don't know why but sometimes I get nervous when I sing for people. I uploaded it to my laptop and edited it. Once I was finally done, I uploaded it to my channel. Oh, ya, my channel name is Wolfie1996. Luke came up with it. Then I got a text.

Loved the cover!

It was from Michael. I chuckled on how he already saw it. I texted him back.

Thanks!

I put my phone down and hear the front door open. My parents are home...

"Frankie? Please come here we need to talk!" I heard my mum call.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I put my laptop to the side and trotted down the stairs. I sat at the island and waited for them to talk.

"Frankie, honey, we don't want you hanging out with Luke or the others anymore." My mum said in her 'sweet' voice.

"What!?" I asked jumping off my chair.

"We talked about it. Luke is a bad influence. Michael, Ashton and Calum, they are all bad influences." My dad added.

"What!? Out of all the people in the world you think they are bad influences!? What about that douche Blake? Huh? He was a good influence on me?" I spat.

"Watch your language missy." My dad said. I took a deep breath.

"First you make me leave New York and all my friends and now... now you make me lose the best friends anyone could ask for?" I said, way calmer than before.

"I'm sorry baby." My mum said.

"Sorry? If you were sorry for me then you would let me keep them!" I snapped.

"Go to your room." My dad ordered.

"Gladly." I said before running to my room. Once I was in there I locked the door and fell onto my bed. I looked at the ceiling. I had put up a bunch of pictures I took with my Polaroid. The majority of them were me and the guys. Plus a whole bunch from when I was with CC before I moved.

"Frankie? Can I come in?" CC asked. I got up and jogged to the door.

"Hey." I said quietly.

"Your mum and dad are making me break up with Michael." CC admitted.

"What!?" I quickly asked. "Yore not breaking up with him." I finished quietly as I pulled her into the room.

"But-"

"CC, you need him and he needs you. You can just see it. You aren't breaking up with him. Okay?" I explained.

"Ya. Thank you. I'm gonna go in my room and call Michael." She said. I nodded as she walked out. I climbed out my window and sat on the roof and looked at the sky.

How could they? Seriously. There are billions of people in this world and they say Luke, Michael, Ashton, and Calum are bad influences. What about fucking Blake!? He always put me down. Always made me feel like shit but I thought I could change him.

"Frankie?" I heard. It was a slight whisper. I looked down and saw Luke.

"Luke what are you doing?" I whispered back.

"Michael told me." He said and started to climb to the roof. Once he was up here he sat next to me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It's no where close to your fault Luke. It's all my parents." I said.

"Frankie, I have a question." He said.

"What?" I questioned.

"Where did the good girl go?" He asked.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey clouds!

How could her parents do that!?Hope you liked this chapter! I really love writing this book and I hope you like reading it. Don't for get to FVC and have a great day.

Peace!

-Jessie