Chapter 7

"I weren't going to tell you any lies".

"I did not mean it this way Emma...."

Sensing Emma anxiety, Tiyar lifted her head and loosed a little cry.

For the first time in his life, Dominic felt like the wolf in the fairytale, guilty of making the innocent afraid and vulnerable. At the same time, being treated like the bad guy infuriated him and stung his pride. He decided to drop the diplomatic approach and make himself loud and clear for his expectations.

"You have done your best in raising my niece despite living in such condition and I applaud you for your efforts and time.... but Tiyar best interests will be fulfill only when I take her back to Britain and ensure she receives the best care and privileges which are hers by right of birth".

As Dominic spoke, every atom of color slowly drained from Emma's face.

"We don't live in poverty...."

"Well, after looking around, am afraid that you do. Sorry if I've offended you but it is the truth".

"You offended me. And you can't take her away from me... You can't.... No you can't take her to Britain". Emma breathed shakily, feeling so sick at that statement.

The very idea of losing Tiyar hit her hard as if someone had punch her driving her mind to become blank.

"Why not Emma?" Dominic quirked an eyebrow watching her strange behavior. " Give me one good reason why I should not?"

She was white as a snow now and clutched the baby to her like a second skin. Anger and frustration gripped Dominic now.

"Just like I thought, you don't have any. If you love the child, you won't stand in her way".

Emma took a step back.
"I will die if you take her away from me". She framed unsteadily.
"I love her with all my heart and Tiyar loves me. You can't just throw me out of her life as though I am nothing just because I am poor".

Dominic stilled completely taken off guard by her tears in her eyes and raw emotions. The lady in front of him was different from the one Dominic met earlier. This woman forgot all her pride and her strong shield. She looked like a teenager trying hard to stand up to a bully... In this case, he was the bully.

"What you are saying is dictated by emotions you are feeling, not your reason". Dominic reprimanded.
"I want you to think over what I have said". Dominic continued, deciding that attempting further discussion in these conditions would be unsuccessful.
"I will come tomorrow morning, if you need to talk to me before then, you can reach me at this hotel".

He gave her a card.

Dominic reminded himself that he was a highly intelligent and shrewd businessman. He was renowned for his logic and his willingness to consider fresh innovative approaches to find workable solutions. He was confident that he would find a way to persuade Emma to accept the invetable with good grace.

"You don't care about how I feel or how Tiyar feels, do you?" Emma accused him as she opened the front door wide gesturing him to leave.

"I care enough to want to ensure that my niece does not grow up with your disadvantages".

Shocked and pain, she glance at him lifting her head high.
"How strange, with all your advantages like money, status, success, education, you are a ruthless bastard with no consideration for anyone's feelings but your own!"

Hot temper took over Dominic, "Atleast I am not a man-W H O R E... or a liar who told me to meet her, then had sex on the beach with someone else when I were late". He told her icily.

"Really Dominic, you could not wait to jump to the wrong conclusion about me, you did not even wait to hear my side of story and turned me into a whore"! Emma hurled with bitterness she had never managed to shake off.
"Well, for your information, I were sexually assaulted that night while waiting for you on that beach and if that tattoo guy was not nearby fishing at that time, I would have been raped".

Having dropped that bomb revelation on him, she closed the door on his face almost breaking his nose.