Chapter 25

Dominic called his penthouse as soon as he saw that Ferrari picture and he learned that Emma was out. He asked where she was and a dancing party organized by his cousin Lillian was a possibility. He directed his driver there instead and called his grandmother to ask her why he hadn't been informed that his wife was in the city alone.

"Does Emma need permission?" Margaret enquired.

"No grandma, but I was aware you were with her".

"I were... until yesterday. But you know how the city exhausts me and Emma is so friendly that she has made friends so easily. She is so original despite being modern... she has just lovely sense of style".

Dominic ended the conversation with strong sense of frustration. He began to read the article again hoping to find out whom the mystery Ferrari belonged to as well as an explanation for his wife's presence in it.

"Sir... When you are finished, can I have the magazine back?" his driver asked apologetically. "My wife is a big fan of our Madam. You must be so proud of her, she is so wonderful, so graceful!"

**********
Emma smiled when Lillian's friend Leo Pearl, urged her back onto the dance floor and resisted the temptation to check her watch. Whatever the time was, it did not matter.

By now, Dominic must have already be back from the airport. She was proud that she had respected the rules that he had laid down at the outset of their marriage. She had done nothing to embarrass herself or him.

Although she was absolutely desperate to see Dominic again, Emma had remained strong. She had neither surrendered to her desire to rush to the airport to welcome him home nor stayed in, eagerly awaiting her husband like a dutiful wife.

From his stance at the top of the steps, Dominic scanned the crowds searching for Emma. When he saw her, his gaze narrowed instantly. Her dress, that fine fabric where her back was exposed as well as her legs.

She was laughing while dancing and that young white male smiling down at her was... Leo Pearl, son of one of Dominic's biggest business rival. A shark circling Emma could not have filled him with greater turmoil.

Dominic took two steps at a time and forged a direct path across the floor to intercept the couple. Emma was enjoying the music and when she saw Dominic, she froze.

His intimating height and superb carriage brought him maximum attention. As she focused on his dark, lethally handsome features she missed so much, her awareness of everything else fade away.

Suddenly, she could hardly catch her breath and her heart was racing. Anticipation held her so taut that she tingled and a little twist of heat flared in her pelvis. Dominic closed one lean brown hand over hers.

"Say goodbye to Leo, my love", he told her huskily as the music quietened down for the DJ to talk.

Every nerve in her body was leaping and jumping as he had personally come to find her.

"I have to go..." she framed dizzily in the direction of her dance partner.

Dominic put a powerful arm to Emma's spine to urge her in the exit direction. She was almost there before it occurred to her that she did not tell Lillian she is leaving. Although the two women had not known each other long, but they got so well and Emma already took Lillian as her close friend.

"I have to tell Lillian that am going..."

"Sure, you can call her once we are in the car. Am confident she will understand".

"No, that would not be right. She has been so good to me. Just give me two minutes please". Emma pleaded.

Without waiting for his answer, she freed herself from his grip and hurried back to the table where Lillian was seated, enjoying her wine.

"Am sorry, but I have to leave..."

"Don't worry darling, the moment I saw Dominic arriving, I knew...." the elegant brunette acknowledged wryly.

Emma gave her a relieved smile. It was greatly thanks to her that Emma has managed to get to know so many people and step straight into a social life as well as her change in style, as she was a fashion designer.