Chapter 19

By the time Dominic entered the compartment, Emma was fast asleep. Curled up in a ball, she looked very young, incredibly pretty and totally vulnerable.

He looked at her for a while. She was now his wife. HIS WIFE. This is what he had wanted so as she does not slip away again from him. She was now Emma Martinez, the wife of a billionaire. Yes, she had a lot of grounds for complaint, Dominic acknowledged that. He has promised never to hurt her but yet again he is doing it again and again.

His handsome mouth hardened on that admission of self blame. She has not yet forgiven him for his past stunt and here he is adding more to his account. He had criticized her behavior as his wife without once accepting her right to be treated as though she was his wife.

A slight movement in the crib attracted his attention. Dominic glanced down and met Tiyar's big hopeful brown eyes. The baby flashed him a huge gummy smile of welcome and wriggled with excess energy.

Without words, his niece was letting him know that she wanted out of the crib and she was expecting him to supply the means of her escape from captivity. He was amused until the baby let out a little bleating cry of disappointment when he did not move.

"Fine, you won... just don't wake up your mama, she needs her rest". He murmured taking a step towards the crib, Dominic reached down to lift Tiyar out of the crib. She wriggled with pleasure and gifted him with her best smile in return.

"My little lady, you sure know how to get your own way", Dominic informed the baby wryly. "Just for your first lesson, success is not always followed by reward. We are going to watch the business news together. No cartoons or kids' songs. We need to deal with some Ceo stuff immediately," he added and they exited the compartment leaving Emma there, who was still sleeping soundly.

Emma wakened only when her shoulder was gently shaken. Opening her eyes slowly, she focused on a darkly handsome face. Seeing that it was Dominic who woke her up, after their argument earlier, she did not know what to say.

Instead she looked toward the crib and found it empty. Dominic answered her non verbal question.
"Tiyar was with me. We spent some time together. She is with one of the flight assistant now, Azuri who happened to be a mother. I came to wake you up as we are landing soon".

Before she could comment anything, Dominic had already gone. Ten minutes later, Emma joined him in the main cabin. Tiyar was now enjoying a peaceful nap in her baby harshness.

"Uh... Dominic, am sorry for the way I treated you earlier. It was not my intention to disrespect or attack you the way I did. Am sorry for losing my temper". Emma studied her linked hands and stated.

"No Emma... you don't owe me anything", Dominic contradicted with quiet assurance. "In fact, you were right to complain and am the one who should apologize for making this day such a difficult one. You see... Am not used to dealing with situation such as this, so hearing you voicing your displeasure caused by my behavior filled me with a certain resentment of the situation which I needed to deal with".

An hour later, she was seated in a car being driven through the UK. Up until this point, nobody said anything.
Dominic have tried to tell Emma a little about the Britain history but seeing Emma lack of response made him stopped.

Emma did not want to say anything due to the facts they can't talk without arguing. So ignoring him is best to Emma.

After a few minutes, Dominic informed her that they were now on the family state. The car had turned a corner and a white mansion sat in an oasis of lush green vegatation. It was so beautiful that she was enchanted.

"A nanny has been employed to help you take care of Tiyar", Dominic admitted with caution.

"As long as I like the nanny, that's fine with me".

She was grateful that an extra pair of hands would be available. All too often, she had been forced to rely on Elizabeth's good nature. A nanny to help out with Tiyar would be a real luxury.

Finally the car came to a halt in a courtyard filled with beautiful flowers. Holding Tiyar in her arms, Emma got out of the car but she froze  at the sight of the massive group of people filling the giant entrance. She felt the need to turn and ran back into the car but it was too late for this now.

With wonderful assurance, Dominic rounded her shoulder and gave her a small massage whispering only in her ears, "Its fine baby, breath don't be afraid, I am here with you". He then drew her on to greet an elegant little old lady.
Emma remembered very little of her since her sister's wedding day was a blur most of the time.

"May I present you to my grandmother Margaret Martinez.... and granny, this is my wife Emma".

Margaret gave a regal nod and said it was a great joy to welcome her grandson, his bride and her great grand daughter home.
Emma gave a faint smile. She knew too well what message was behind those words. Her role as Dominic's bride was like a bad fairy in a fairytale.

Attention was quickly focused on Tiyar who was greeted with sincere warmth compared to her. The old lady reaction completely changed to 100 degree at the sight of her niece. A young smiling nanny was brought forward, introduced and Tiyar was handed over to an enthusiastic reception.

"Come, let me introduce you to the rest of the staff," Dominic urged Emma then, ignoring totally her dismay.