Chapter 13

Emma eyes were still adjusting to the lights of the hospital room, she is still not aware that Dominic, who was walking towards the small table to grasp a bottle of water to feed her.

The she saw him, tall and graceful, his beautiful eyes boring into hers. Her hand froze on the lid of the bottle, eyes never leaving Dominic. His eyes were weary and he looked drained like he'd been running around a lot lately. She wanted to ask if he was fine but she held back. She aggressively grabbed the bottle and downed the content at a go.

Dominic stepped closer and asked.
"Emma, how are you?"

She froze. She did not expect him to ask that or she expect him to even be here. He hated her, didn't care about her and now suddenly what was that? She turned her back to him, tears brimming at the corner of her eyes. She did not want him to see that.

"Hm, the doctor said that you hurt your head but now everything is fine" . Dominic said but there was no response then he rambled on, "He said that you were lucky there's no bloodcot, he also said that you are well now but you have to eat a lot so as you can get your energy back. Tell me what do you want to eat, I will get it for you right away, Emma?"

She said nothing. Her silence stung him and it was evident in his bloodshot eyes.

"I want you to go away Dominic. Leave me alone. You got what you wanted, congratulation you won as usual. Now just leave me alone".

He had broken her and now she could not even stand him. He was being nice because he knew he messed up.

"The doctor said I should take care of you". He said moving even closer, leaving no distance between them. His heart was troubled when he saw Emma's body on that bed, totally lifeless, surviving only with machines. But now staring at her pale face gladdened his heart.

He had never been moved because of a woman, he had never been so scared of losing someone the way he was afraid of not seeing Emma again after what happened.

"And I am saying again I do not need you! I am fine, alive, you can leave now". She looked away, as toxic as he was to her but she will always craved his presence.

"Em," he dubbed softly.

A million butterflies threw a feast in her stomach every time he called her by this. She wished he did not call her that way- firm, sweet, caring and sensual.

"How do you want me to-"

"I have already answered you before!" She chirped in cutting him off.

"made up for all the mess I did", he added looking down at her. He had never been at the mercy of a woman but this woman was doing the most to him and he could not resist her.

She ignored him and turned her head to the window, eyes fixed on the dim moon. She became so engrossed with watching the moon that she did not realise when the doctor came in to check on her.

Dominic was standing at a distance but she looked at him again, he looked as if he ages in these few days, his beard was longer not trim at all, hair messy as if he ran his fingers several times in it. He looks vulnerable, his eyes held pleas that she could read meanings too. He felt so different from the great billionaire Dominic Martinez that she was used to.

Then she broke down, tears running down her cheeks. Dominic insult, Tiyar being taken away from her.

Dominic hurried to get to her, but she stopped him from wiping her tears off.
"I am sorry for everything that I have done to you Emma".

Right now, right there, he knew he was sorry, deeply sorry for hurting her. He desperately needed her forgiveness.

"I am sorry Emma",he whispered.
"For the time I left you when you needed someone, for the days I treated you like a nobody, for the days I did not care about your feelings. For the things that I have done to hurt you, the ones that I know of and the ones that I do not know of. I am sorry Emma".

Emma tears poured harder, heavier. She was beyond hurt. She was wounded, she was sad.

"By saying sorry, nothing will be alright again Dominic because the mind remember the words and the heart remember the hurt!"